Page 38 of 303 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Gosh, that's nice, Brooke! I actually haven't heard anything about Jewel for a very long time.

I was busy finishing off at work yesterday, doing queries from magazine subscribers, and one of the subscriber's name was Glenn. I wasn't sure how to handle his query, so I called upon one of my colleagues for assistance. She immediately thought I'd called her to share the customer's name with her! Yep, they all know how BAD I have it for Mr Frey!
    FYI, MF, Jewel has recently gone country and released a new album and is a judge on the latest reality show Nashville Star. Lots of musicians seem to be perusing the country market these days.

Your co workers know you too well! I have to keep my obsession secret at work or I would get all these They have no taste in music!
    Thanks for the info, Brooke! I'm glad Jewel is doing country music - I'm sure it suits her sweet voice very well.

You're right - your colleagues have no taste in music!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Traffic backed up at an unusual spot the other day and I noticed I have been driving past a street for years that's called Glennwood. My mind wandered to incredible places.

One of our appointments Friday was named Julie Frey. We write them in last name first, so you can imagine how my eyes popped to attention.lol
    Um.... PLS.... can you imagine how that would have caught my eye too?!!!

LOL, FP! When I read PLS's post, I thought: FP's going to FLIP!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I'm sure they did PLS!

We were going home from a christening about 35 miles away (Near a place called 'Glen of the Downs' ) today when I happened to notice a signpost pointing to 'Glenn Golf Club'. Although I didn't comment at the time I'm not the only one whose eye it caught, as immediately good old Timtot said 'Mammy, will you put on one of your Glenn cd's. I've had enough of that one that Dad keeps playing!!!!'

Needless to say I obliged, putting on my UM Collection. Hubby just grunted 'Glenn Frey is it?' I will say however the kids were amazingly well behaved all the way home!!

Just as we got home and he headed into work I retrieved the cd from his car player to the following comment
    'Oh you couldn't possibly do with out that tonight'
    LOL, GA! I reckon hubby's starting to get the picture now!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    PLS, you are bad!! I'd go out of my way to pass through Glennwood! And I can imagine how your eyes popped up to see Frey on your worklist. I've been guilty of subtly covering up the first letters of people named Godfrey or Jeffrey.

Brooke, I'd pay good money for a bit of car care from Glenn!
    Oh, GEF, you have it VERY bad!

Last Friday I was working-on Fridays I take one of the kids I look after to choir practice, we have to travel into the middle of town on the Tube and then come home again during rush hour. Well, at the tube station we get on, there is a busking position and there is someone different every week. This time, we got on the escalator and heard a few notes of a guitar tune and we both turned to each other and said "that's the Eagles". I've trained the kids I look after well We also gave some money to the busker, as its the first time either of us have actually recognised a song someone was playing (for the record it was Hotel California-played fairly well, considering it was just one guy and he didn't have a backing tape).

Now there's a brave busker! Good on him!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great for that Busker Toonie!

I hope the family you nanny for give you a good Christmas Bonus considering how well you are educating their children
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I'm sure they did PLS!

We were going home from a christening about 35 miles away (Near a place called 'Glen of the Downs' ) today when I happened to notice a signpost pointing to 'Glenn Golf Club'. Although I didn't comment at the time I'm not the only one whose eye it caught, as immediately good old Timtot said 'Mammy, will you put on one of your Glenn cd's. I've had enough of that one that Dad keeps playing!!!!'

Needless to say I obliged, putting on my UM Collection. Hubby just grunted 'Glenn Frey is it?' I will say however the kids were amazingly well behaved all the way home!!

Just as we got home and he headed into work I retrieved the cd from his car player to the following comment
    'Oh you couldn't possibly do with out that tonight'
    LOL, GA! I reckon hubby's starting to get the picture now!
    He'll get it even more if I can get those t-shirts I was telling you about!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

My hubby & I meet a gang of our friends every Friday night at one of two local hangouts--a neighborhood pizza place or a Mexican place. Both places have patio dining now that the weather is warm. We were sitting under the stars last night drinking beer, visiting, and listening to the piped-in classic rock music, when all of a sudden I heard the first notes of "It's Your World Now." I rarely ever hear Eagles music at that restaurant, and if I do it is always their classics. Quite a nice surprise!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That is cool DF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten