Page 37 of 303 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Btw, this must be a regular segment because they mention it every morning. Starts my day out right thinking of Glenn and just what he could do with my car!

I was reading the June issue of Redbook magazine yesterday and came across an article "What to do this month". They had a sub-title segment "A moment with .....Jewel." (Different celebrity every month). Her song picks for an ideal summer sound track included Take It To The Limit! She said "There's nothing like sitting on my porch, listening to the Eagles as the sun sets."

I couldn't agree more!

Who knew Jewel was an Eagles fan?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Gosh, that's nice, Brooke! I actually haven't heard anything about Jewel for a very long time.

I was busy finishing off at work yesterday, doing queries from magazine subscribers, and one of the subscriber's name was Glenn. I wasn't sure how to handle his query, so I called upon one of my colleagues for assistance. She immediately thought I'd called her to share the customer's name with her! Yep, they all know how BAD I have it for Mr Frey!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Gosh, that's nice, Brooke! I actually haven't heard anything about Jewel for a very long time.

I was busy finishing off at work yesterday, doing queries from magazine subscribers, and one of the subscriber's name was Glenn. I wasn't sure how to handle his query, so I called upon one of my colleagues for assistance. She immediately thought I'd called her to share the customer's name with her! Yep, they all know how BAD I have it for Mr Frey!
    FYI, MF, Jewel has recently gone country and released a new album and is a judge on the latest reality show Nashville Star. Lots of musicians seem to be perusing the country market these days.

Your co workers know you too well! I have to keep my obsession secret at work or I would get all these They have no taste in music!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

MF I know it was just a work query.......(Yesh, right)

I was looking at a basic kids reading book earlier today where they were putting 2 of the same letters together to make words following into sentences. The name they chose to start these sentences was ......Glenn...... (for the 2 n's!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Btw, this must be a regular segment because they mention it every morning. Starts my day out right thinking of Glenn and just what he could do with my car!
    Yes......I've often though what Glenn could do with (in ) my car as well.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Traffic backed up at an unusual spot the other day and I noticed I have been driving past a street for years that's called Glennwood. My mind wandered to incredible places.

One of our appointments Friday was named Julie Frey. We write them in last name first, so you can imagine how my eyes popped to attention.lol

I'm sure they did PLS!

We were going home from a christening about 35 miles away (Near a place called 'Glen of the Downs' ) today when I happened to notice a signpost pointing to 'Glenn Golf Club'. Although I didn't comment at the time I'm not the only one whose eye it caught, as immediately good old Timtot said 'Mammy, will you put on one of your Glenn cd's. I've had enough of that one that Dad keeps playing!!!!'

Needless to say I obliged, putting on my UM Collection. Hubby just grunted 'Glenn Frey is it?' I will say however the kids were amazingly well behaved all the way home!!

Just as we got home and he headed into work I retrieved the cd from his car player to the following comment
    'Oh you couldn't possibly do with out that tonight'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

PLS, you are bad!! I'd go out of my way to pass through Glennwood! And I can imagine how your eyes popped up to see Frey on your worklist. I've been guilty of subtly covering up the first letters of people named Godfrey or Jeffrey.

Brooke, I'd pay good money for a bit of car care from Glenn!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Traffic backed up at an unusual spot the other day and I noticed I have been driving past a street for years that's called Glennwood. My mind wandered to incredible places.

One of our appointments Friday was named Julie Frey. We write them in last name first, so you can imagine how my eyes popped to attention.lol
    Um.... PLS.... can you imagine how that would have caught my eye too?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister

Um.... PLS.... can you imagine how that would have caught my eye too?!!!

Indeed FP!!!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP