Page 30 of 303 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I was listening to my Little Big Town cd yesterday in the car and the track "Bones" was playing. Much to my surprise they sang the line "every dog will have his day" and I smiled to myself remembering Don's same line in WITW.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I have to disagree. I don't like Two Hearts, or Better In The USA, or Sexy Girl, and I am not much of a fan of I Got Love either. I love Glenn but some of his solo songs are far too lightweight.
    I wouldn't say any of these that you mentioned are among my favourites either, but I still enjoy them. "Sexy Girl" particularly just grew on me. I don't know what it is exactly, but when Glenn launches into "She moved in next door to me", I just hold my breath and then let out a deep sigh. His voice sounds amazing.

I think "Better In The USA" is a fun song. I always get a laugh out of the lyric, "If we're so awful/And we're so bad/you oughta check the nightlife in Leningrad". Of course, I also like the bit of talking he does at the end: "Nice sweater, baby. What do you say you and me go for a ride. C'mon!" I'm all yours, Sugar!
    Then you should hear the live version of BITU at Del Mar when he sings about the 'ugly women in Leningrad'. I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe. As for the talking.... not even Glenn Frey can save that part.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've just seen it all on Desperate Housewives. Edie (blonde) is out for a jog. New male neighbour Adam is washing his car (Yes you can guess whats coming). Edie stops and takes a drink from hose. Hose flows strongly. Edie jogs away. Hose (and water coming from it) goes limp

Now what video did that bit of inspiration come from I ask?????
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

What a neighbor - thanks for the favor!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Indeed!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    I have to disagree. I don't like Two Hearts, or Better In The USA, or Sexy Girl, and I am not much of a fan of I Got Love either. I love Glenn but some of his solo songs are far too lightweight.
    I wouldn't say any of these that you mentioned are among my favourites either, but I still enjoy them. "Sexy Girl" particularly just grew on me. I don't know what it is exactly, but when Glenn launches into "She moved in next door to me", I just hold my breath and then let out a deep sigh. His voice sounds amazing.

I think "Better In The USA" is a fun song. I always get a laugh out of the lyric, "If we're so awful/And we're so bad/you oughta check the nightlife in Leningrad". Of course, I also like the bit of talking he does at the end: "Nice sweater, baby. What do you say you and me go for a ride. C'mon!" I'm all yours, Sugar!
    Then you should hear the live version of BITU at Del Mar when he sings about the 'ugly women in Leningrad'. I'm sorry, but it makes me cringe. As for the talking.... not even Glenn Frey can save that part.
    Ouch! That's not very nice. I'm sure, however, that if Glenn listened to that now it would make him cringe too.

I have to disagree with you about the talking part, though!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I've just seen it all on Desperate Housewives. Edie (blonde) is out for a jog. New male neighbour Adam is washing his car (Yes you can guess whats coming). Edie stops and takes a drink from hose. Hose flows strongly. Edie jogs away. Hose (and water coming from it) goes limp

Now what video did that bit of inspiration come from I ask?????
    GA, you and Soda are very observant! It's only when I read Soda's response to your post, GA, that I clicked! I'll need to go back and watch the "Sexy Girl" video again - I admit that I haven't watched it for a while!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default little things

This morning as I got my little one ready for school, The Fairly Odd Parents cartoon was on. It was a silly story about one of the characters hooking up with what he thought was a gorgeous woman on the internet, who turned out to be an old woman. As he ran away from her, she was singing Ricky Don't Lose That Number! While not an Eagles song, Timothy did sing backup on it, so I was definitely reminded of the Eagles!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I thought I should show you all the new baseball cap I just bought. I'll give everyone three guesses as to what made me buy it when I don't wear caps much or drink at all.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm Maleah - we only get three guesses. I don't think that's very fair.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016