Page 276 of 303 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I was watching The Hobbit and at one point eagles come down to help fly Bilbo and the gang away from danger. As they come, Bilbo cries, "Look! The eagles are here! Hooray!" I was like "Yeah, that makes me cheer, too." lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In Stranger than Fiction, Harold Crick goes shopping for an electric guitar and Emma Thompson is doing the voice over characterization of what each guitar might say about the person playing it. The shot comes up of a double neck, and she says, "This one says 'I'm overcompensating for something, guess what it could be.'" Don't know why it made me think of the guys!

On my travels today I passed a sign that said "Frye Road". Close enough to remind me of Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Watching "Nashville", whenever they show a Soundcheck van, I think of the Eagles. Soundcheck is a storage and rehearsal facility in Nashville that was set up by former Eagles roadie, Bob Thompson, with backing from Glenn Frey (although they sold it some years ago). Thompson's LA facility was called "Third Encore".

Border Troubadour

Okay, bear with me on this...

I was reading a book yesterday about Lady Gregory, a well known figure in Irish literary history. Anyway, I was reading about her because she has a connection to the guy I'm researching, George Russell. So Russsell joined an organisation back in 1897 which meant he had to spend long periods of time away from home working and he was pretty miserable about it. Lady Gregory sent him a copy of Thoreau's book, Walden because it exemplified how to live life in adverse conditions. She also sent him a copy of William HENLEY'S poem, Invictus...

...I know I'm stretching it but when you're on 'Don alert' these things mean something and I got a warm little glow when I saw the names, Thoreau, Walden and Henley
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'll put this here since it reminded me of the Eagles almost 30 years ago...

I just finished a Facebook chat with an old friend that I haven't really talked to in years. I have Classic Rewind on, and of course, that music was popular back when this friend and I spent so much time together. We were talking about some of the songs as they came on and the memories we had of them. Heart's Magic Man came on and my friend said, "Remember that time we were at my house listening to Glenn Frey's album?"

She couldn't remember the name of the album (Don was always her favorite) and she said 'the song about all night long'. I said "Allnighter". She laughed and said, "Yeah, we were drinking and listening to that and remember you decided that Magic Man could have been written about him? The blue eyes and the getting high and that if any man would have magic hands it would be him? And I thought it would be about Henley?"

Once she said that, then I did remember it, sort of. There was always a lot of alcohol involved back then, and so heaven knows what else we may have said. Now that she reminded me of that, I'll think of Glenn every time I hear Magic Man.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, too funny! But......now I'm going to always think of Glenn, Magic Man, the Allnighter, and YOU when I hear it!

DD, works for me! It doesn't take much for us diehards!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    DD, works for me! It doesn't take much for us diehards!
    Yeah - I'm pretty pathetic ... I was in a meeting yesterday at work and a co-worker I had never met before introduced himself as 'Joe' - you'll never guess where my mind drifted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'll put this here since it reminded me of the Eagles almost 30 years ago...

I just finished a Facebook chat with an old friend that I haven't really talked to in years. I have Classic Rewind on, and of course, that music was popular back when this friend and I spent so much time together. We were talking about some of the songs as they came on and the memories we had of them. Heart's Magic Man came on and my friend said, "Remember that time we were at my house listening to Glenn Frey's album?"

She couldn't remember the name of the album (Don was always her favorite) and she said 'the song about all night long'. I said "Allnighter". She laughed and said, "Yeah, we were drinking and listening to that and remember you decided that Magic Man could have been written about him? The blue eyes and the getting high and that if any man would have magic hands it would be him? And I thought it would be about Henley?"

Once she said that, then I did remember it, sort of. There was always a lot of alcohol involved back then, and so heaven knows what else we may have said. Now that she reminded me of that, I'll think of Glenn every time I hear Magic Man.
    oh my, you're right!! I love Magic Man..and it totally could be about Glenn.
    and like Brooke, I will now always think of you and Glenn when I hear it
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Well, OK....think of me...this is just weird!

I think one of them (Heart) later said who it was written about, and it wasn't Glenn, of course. I prefer to think of it my way!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.