Page 181 of 303 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Love it Ann. Ok heres the deal, Glenn solo gig in Portland, and we all meet up in 'On The Border'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

It certainly makes a nice banner, Ann!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Love it Ann. Ok heres the deal, Glenn solo gig in Portland, and we all meet up in 'On The Border'
    Sounds like a plan to me!

It certainly makes a nice banner, Ann!
    Thanks, FP

Really? So cool! Portland's only an hour away. Next time I'm up there I'll check it out.

I have one just a few miles down the street. Any Borderer who comes to Memphis gets a meal there, my treat!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just checked out the menu - some nice ideas on there.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

How cool, We have our own restaurant! Wonder if we can cut in on the profits!

Default Re: Little Things That Remind You Of Glenn

When I turned on the TV last night I caught the last few minutes of Mohammed Ali's 70th birthday bash in Las Vegas which, of course, had many celebrities in attendance. I wondered if Glenn was there, but I imagine we would have heard if he was. Anyway, it reminded me of the 2010 Celebrity Fight Night at which Glenn was present & performed.

Funny story that is Eagles related...

I am a big fan of a guitar amp company called 65amps - co-owned by Dan Boul and Peter Stroud. Peter Stroud is an amazing session guitarist who has played with the likes of Don Henley, Sheryl Crow, Pete Droge, Sarah McLaclan(sp), etc.

Last week they had a special webcast and Dan and Peter shared stories about how the amp company came about. They make low wattage quieter amps for pros that need quieter stage volume. Peter was having trouble getting his sound at a low volume when playing with Henley and Sheryl and so they eventually came out with 65 Amps.

But they were sharing road stories and Dan brought up a time when Peter was on tour with Don and they were playing at Staples Center in LA. The night before the gig Peter got a call that the Eagles would be joining Don onstage and Peter needed to learn more Eagles songs and if Dan had any records to bring over for Peter to study. Anyway, the day of the gig the whole band showed up minus Don Felder, who Peter had to learn the parts of for the songs they were playing. This was pre-HFO too. This was the "sneak preview" and a surprise thing and the day of the gig in rehearsals Peter made a mistake in a solo of the song.

Right before the gig, Henley was passing Peter in a golf cart and said and I quote "Don't f**k up" (referring to Peter's mistake in soundcheck) and was laughing. Peter said it was hilarious and stressful at the same time. Anyway, the whole band went onstage and the first song was ICTYW and Glenn was sitting behind Peter and Peter was nervous because Glenn played the original part and he had to play the solo that Glenn played on the recording.

Anyway, he played it and the rest of the songs perfectly according to Dan and it was a great night.

But that was pre-HFO tour and one of the first times the band played together (although without Felder) onstage.

Not sure if Soda or anyone knew about this.

Here is the recorded webcast. Eagles/Henley talk starts at 35:45 in.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20626918

Stuck on the Border

Interesting story.

I do have a 'reminder' though this won't mean much to anyone outside the UK. On the latest episode of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson was driving the latest Maserati and said 'Joe Walsh was wrong. MY Maserati goes to 187'!