Page 175 of 303 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Little Things That Remind You Of Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Dreamer, are you moving?
    Definitely under consideration! But it reminds me a little too much of Green Acres.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I have been going through some financial papers this week, as I have an appointment with a financial adviser. I just came upon 2 Eagle ticket stubs that were in with some papers.
    One is from Aug. 23, 1994, HFO tour at Giants Stadium. Ticket price is $50.00
    Other one is from June 25, 1996, Says $2. donation to Benefit Aspen Grass Roots Exp. (I have no idea what this was??) at Nassau Coliseum. Ticket price is $52.00
    Funny, I thought that I only saw them once during this time period, but I guess I saw them twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have been going through some financial papers this week, as I have an appointment with a financial adviser. I just came upon 2 Eagle ticket stubs that were in with some papers.
    One is from Aug. 23, 1994, HFO tour at Giants Stadium. Ticket price is $50.00
    Other one is from June 25, 1996, Says $2. donation to Benefit Aspen Grass Roots Exp. (I have no idea what this was??) at Nassau Coliseum. Ticket price is $52.00
    Funny, I thought that I only saw them once during this time period, but I guess I saw them twice!
    Aspen Grass Roots Experience was a non-profit organization that Glenn was involved with in Colorado. They brought inner-city kids out to the mountains for outdoor experiences. I'm not sure if they're still around. I tried to google them recently and only got old links.

My daughter was reading "Interview With The Vampire" by Anne Rice for school this weekend, which of course made me think of "A Walk in the Dark."

Thanks WE, I had no idea what that charity was!

They changed their name to the "Aspen Youth Experience" a few years ago and their website url was changed to http://www.ayexp.org/ accordingly. It was active in 2010, but I can't find any recent info on them. It seems the charity might be kaput.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

WOW, Topkat!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I heard Stephen Stills' "Treetop Flyer" on the way to work this morning, which made me think of Jimmy Cole, Glenn's role in Miami Vice. Glenn was so adorable as the scruffy smuggling pilot and he really did a great job playing the full range of emotions over the course of the episode. To this day, it's the only episode of Miami Vice I've seen in its entirety.

You said it, WE! I wasn't even allowed to watch Miami Vice when it was on (my parents thought it was a bit too risque) but a few years ago, I bought the entire first season on DVD just so I could see Glenn's episode. I went ahead and watched all the episodes of the first season hoping I would like it and get maximum value for my money, lol, but Glenn's episode was the only one that really engaged me.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You said it, WE! I wasn't even allowed to watch Miami Vice when it was on (my parents thought it was a bit too risque) but a few years ago, I bought the entire first season on DVD just so I could see Glenn's episode. I went ahead and watched all the episodes of the first season hoping I would like it and get maximum value for my money, lol, but Glenn's episode was the only one that really engaged me.
    I never cared for MV when it was on. To see Glenn's episode, I almost bought the first season, but instead I found a "Best of Miami Vice" 8-episode DVD that had Smuggler's Blues on it. Much better value since I haven't watched any of the other episodes.

Oddly enough, the episode brings together two of my biggest fandoms. It was directed by Paul Michael Glaser, formerly of Starsky & Hutch. I spent my middle school years pining for him, then moved on to the Eagles (and Glenn!) after S&H got cancelled. I didn't even know about the connection until several months ago when I bought the DVD.