Page 172 of 303 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I hope that After Hours sign is a good omen; because the release date is supposedly a month away and there has been nothing at all said.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Silence is not a bad omen. Bad news travels fast. Good news is a little slower in it's arrival. And that makes it that much sweeter!! He's referenced it too much to let us down now!! I'm a believer -- After Hours is on its way . . . . .

I believe it will be out, but as far as February... well, we'll see. Remember how many times the Eagles album was delayed? True, this is a solo effort and therefore one would think it would be faster.... but that's not always the case.

Additionally, we've heard nothing more about Joe's new album which he said would come out in January or February.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

But I'm thinking if they did the photo shoot for the cover in what -- October, Novemer --I'm thinking it can't be too far off!

Stuck on the Border

I keep thinking if I keep looking at the photo shoot picture the album will miraculously appear.

I haven't been in this state for 20 years, and when Strange Weather came out I wasn't interested. So perhaps I haven't been in this state since 1988 when Soul Searchin' came out.

Well my experience with "Don" at my job has not been good so far. He had the nerve to try and tell ME about the Eagles and then argue with me when I corrected him. Hmmph. My boss was VERY amused. "uh Don.....wrong person to pick this 'discussion' with. *snicker*"

LOL. That's like when my brother-in-law claimed that Don sang lead on "Lyin' Eyes." Of course when I corrected him he tried to insist that he was right, even after I pointed out he could see it for himself if he watched Farewell 1. "Well, Henley sang it on the album," he blustered. Rather than waste time arguing with him, I simply informed him that Glenn is credited as the lead vocalist on the liner notes for One of These Nights in black and white, if he cared to look it up. At that point, he admitted he didn't own One of These Nights, although he had the Greatest Hits. I added, to be polite, "Don Henley did sing lead on the song at a solo show in 1993. Perhaps you are thinking of that." Faced with such evidence that my knowledge of the Eagles was rather extensive, he was forced to back down with a feeble "Uh...maybe..." lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Well my experience with "Don" at my job has not been good so far. He had the nerve to try and tell ME about the Eagles and then argue with me when I corrected him. Hmmph. My boss was VERY amused. "uh Don.....wrong person to pick this 'discussion' with. *snicker*"
    Too funny! He would have had NO IDEA who he was picking an argument with!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Way to go Maleah and Soda about setting these guys straight. That'll teach 'em not to mess with the experts!

As far as Glenn's After Hours album, I agree with Soda here. I think it's coming out, just not sure if he'll make it in February. Joe's Analog Man was supposed to come out around February too, and there's no word on it either. These guy's track records regarding release dates is somewhat less than stellar. Plus, we don't know for sure that the picture posted earlier of Glenn was the photo shoot for the album or not - I think that may have been just an assumption. Hopefully, we will hear something before too long, although it doesn't seem as if Glenn is planning on promoting the album that heavily.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you, thank you. I had to calm myself and exit the conversation when he stated "Don Henley is an arrogant a**h***, the band would be better without him." My boss told him he was lucky he didn't get punched. LOL!