Page 137 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

What a great story, Soda. I know all about GPS now as we used one in England. It would constantly nag Mike that he was over the speed limit or it would be 'recalculating route' if he took a wrong turn. It was invaluable (although English roads are brilliant, for the most part).

At least you can say you have seen Linden now. Royal Oak next?!

That's quite a drive around Linden--in extra travel time! Now that you've been through once, I hope that you have another opportunity to drive through and see it during the day!

As I was reading, I was thinking that I had remembered hearing about you driving into Linden before...and then PM cleared it up by reminding us that "it was all a dream!" It does sound kind of creepy, to be driving on and on, not seeing any of the landmarks or roads Bridget was pointing out along the way. (I don't have a GPS, but I do notice that they do take on a personality in that drivers tend to name them...my good friend calls hers Celeste.) It's too bad you didn't get the pizza, nor get to see more of what Linden is all about! (Or maybe, that is what Linden is all about... ?)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Ah yes, my famous Linden dream! PM, I wish you had been along, too. It was a lonely escapade!

The GPS was a gift from my parents, who knew how infamously bad I was at directions. They call theirs "the Garmin" after the company that makes them, but that seemed so unromantic to me! I had just watched Bridget Jones' Diary, so I programmed my GPS to talk with a British accent, called her Bridget, and there you have it!

I remember one long trip I took with a friend - we drove from Mississippi to Indiana - and after a few too many instances of Bridget snapping "Recalculating!" at us, my friend started referring to "Bridget" as "The b*tch." I think I like my name for her better, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I traveled with you (and Bridget) to pick TBS up and head to Chicago and back, and not once did I call her a bad name! To the contrary, I thought she was invaluable, so much so that I have asked Hubby for one for our 10th anniversary next month. Romantic, huh?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Just for kicks, I was watching one of my old Fleetwood Mac bootleg DVDs. In this one, from the Japanese leg of their Rumours tour (1977), there is a TON of backstage footage. It's raw footage, unedited, of the band before and after some of the Japanese shows. I don't know why it was taken but there is hours of it, and of course hardcores like me love to watch it and get a glimpse of what their life was like back then... everything from Stevie's elaborate stage makeup application to Lindsey whining about touring and having to do interviews after a show, at which point Christine McVie gets absolutely disgusted with him. lol Christine makes dry jokes while sipping wine; Stevie runs around giggling and being playful; Lindsey alternates between glaring at her, making out with his new girlfriend, and fiddling around on a guitar while discussing the merits of various studio sound systems and complaining about Warner Brothers. Mick Fleetwood hams it up for the camera every time it gets anywhere near him - at the other end of the spectrum, John McVie spends the majority of his time sitting against the wall and drinking silently, pointedly ignoring the camera. It does give one some insight into band dynamics. (In Eagles terms, imagine if we had five hours of footage like you see in the first minute of this).

So, here's the Eagles-related bit. At one point, Stevie shows the camera the pendant she is wearing. It is large and silver, and has a likeness of Merlin engraved on it. As she displays it for the camera, she proudly declares, "Mr. Don Henley gave it to me and it's so wonderful..." She talks about how it almost fell off while she was onstage a few hours prior, but it got caught on her dress so she was able to grab it. "It didn't want to leave me," she says very seriously. She calls it her "good luck charm." Looks like Mr. Don Henley's gift was a hit!

ETA: Found it on YouTube
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pUz61ksa0[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mr. Don Henley is one wonderful guy! lol

Loved that old footage Soda! Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - seems like Mr. Don Henley did know how to love 'em and lear 'em back in the day.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nice little Stevie video. Great video of the Eagles too! Joe looks so eager to please in the circle of fear.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That reminds me of Tim's Farewell 1 interview:

"Circle of Fear? There's no Circle of Fear. Is that a Glenn nickname? That sounds like a Glenn nickname." lol