Page 136 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Ooooh I'd say you'd be happy for Don to Lear you anywhere Louise....

And I LOVE your new av!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I was just looking at a Tee-Shirt design company's website and found this

Guess who sprung to mind??
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

!! I think guitar players are in that category too !

LOL!!! That's great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    I was just looking at a Tee-Shirt design company's website and found this

Guess who sprung to mind??
    LOVE IT!!!
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I was recently listening to one of last weeks episodes of The Bob and Tom Show. Bob mentioned that he went to the Eagles concert in Indy last week said it was a great show. They ended up playing an interview they did with Joe a few years ago.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh yeah, Bob and me stood with our arm around each other drinking a beer and belting out Hotel California. We go way back!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Well, now that I've sufficiently recovered from the trip back from Austin, it's time to reveal my terrifying tale...

LOST IN LINDEN!!!

Heading back from Austin to Memphis takes you right by Linden. Since I was driving alone, there was no reason why I couldn't cruise around and get a good look at the "fertilizer of Don's genius." Maybe I could even get my courage up to ask a local about him.

The only problem was that I left later than planned, and by the time I hit Linden, the sun was setting. I wouldn't be able to see a thing! Oh well, at least I'll stop and eat something there, I thought.

I used my GPS, which I have named "Bridget", and did a search for food. A place called "Music City Pizza" came up. That sounds promising! I thought. I remembered Don's buddy Richard Bowden had done some kind of Music City thing near Linden and I wondered if this was affiliated. If so, surely they'd love to talk about Don there!

I set "Bridget" to find "Music City Pizza" and before you know it, I was in downtown Linden, cruising by the courthouse and a couple churches.... but when Bridget said "Destination on Right" there was no pizza place there! There were some shops there but they looked closed. Oh well, guess I missed it, I thought. I'll just circle back and try again.

And here is where my heartache began. There was a lot of construction and there was a car behind me, so I was reluctant to just turn around in a parking lot. I figured I would just drive a couple more blocks back to Highway 59 and then pull back around.

So I did.... but it was really dark - the moon was nothing more than a sliver - and it was hard to make out streets to turn onto. Finally I saw one - "Center Hill Road" - and drove onto it expecting to see lovely little Linden houses in the dark. Instead, somehow, I found myself on a gravelly road, surrounded by trees, barely able to see the road in the pitch black, with large ditches on either side. Bridget kept telling me to do a U-turn, but the street was narrow and I had a nightmarish vision of my trusty Honda winding up in a ditch in Linden. NOT a happy thought. So I kept driving, looking for a road - Bridget kept claiming I was passing roads, but I never actually saw them, just driveways - unless those were the roads?? I just kept going deeper into the woods.

How did this happen? I didn't go THAT far! I thought unhappily. Only I could get lost in a town this size while in possession of a GPS.

I inched along - no problem with a car behind me this time, there was NO ONE around - and finally made out a street sign that said "Rush." There were signs of civilization here, so I reprogrammed Bridget to just take me back to freaking Music City Pizza please. However, once again, she let me down and it wasn't where she said it was.

No longer willing to keep driving like last time, I just kept u-turning using various parking lots and even a couple driveways. "Who knows, maybe I just u-turned in the driveway of Don's old house!" I muttered after the second or third one. "Wouldn't THAT be cool... NOT!"

At this point a car seemed to be following me. I wondered if some local was thinking I was a crazy drunk or whatever. I was so embarrassed and I just was grateful that it was too dark for people to see my Eagles license plate and know exactly what kind of buffoon I am!

Then I saw it... a sign glowing in the dark invitingly, like an old fluorescent friend.... DAIRY QUEEN! Ah yes, an Oreo Blizzard would make me feel MUCH better. Screw "Music City Pizza" - screw all of this crap - I'm outta here! I pulled in the parking lot, had myself a nice big dose of ice cream, and decided that it was time for me to leave Linden and return at a time when I could actually see what I was doing.

But at least I got a gas receipt with the name of the town on it. lol

(BTW, Dairy Queen is really happenin' in Linden. The admittedly small parking lot was so full I had to circle the building to find a space, and there were people of all ages inside, including three cops who were apparently in no hurry to go out and patrol the crime-ridden streets of Linden, lol. At least I got that part of the "Linden experience"! )

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my, Soda! At least you tried! I'm glad you made it out of there safely.

As for gps', mine has quit working. Last Sunday we had to drive to Alton, IL and it never could find a satellite. Luckily we knew where to go, but Tom Tom has been sent in for a replacement!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Soda, I just went back and reread the dream you had about visiting Linden, forgetting that I was in it! (So were you, Brooke!) No visit to Dairy Queen in your dream (wouldn't that have been freaky!) - in fact, no food at all, which is unlike your usual Soda Eagles Dream but a fine dream regardless.

Even though you got lost in Linden and didn't get to see or hear about any Don stuff, I still wish I could have been with you. We probably wouldn't have gotten as lost, and I could have enjoyed an Extreme Chocolate Blizzard with you!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.