Page 13 of 303 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda, that really sounds very in depth but also very interesting. I hope it goes well for you and that you get it submitted within the time frame you have.

Brooke, hope your tooth is feeling better, and that your dentist continues to play such good music!

GEF, good luck with the conflict management. Its a sad fact of life today that people have to train to protect themselves from the very people they are trying to help.

Molly, I'm sure your son will become just as good as the hospital chaplain. Her experience obviously came to the fore there, but I'm sure everybody learned from the experience.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I'm currently arguing that in sixteenth century British Renaissance romance literature, the love triangles are driven by a fear of gender instability that manifests itself in different ways depending on whether or not the author is male or female. I argue that in romances written by women, the marker of appropriate male gendered behavior is constancy, and if the male loses constancy, gender instability is created. In the plot, this instability must be righted before the "happy ending" can be achieved. In the male versions, however, constancy actually is portrayed as feminiizing sometimes, and therefore is not a clear gender marker. Instead, the marker is strength. As proofs, I'm using works by Philip Sidney, Mary Wroth, and the obscure Anna Weamys.
    Wow, Soda, that is very impressive. I haven't a clue about English literature, and I would never even have thought of writing something so insightful and complex. I have every confidence that you will excel!

Brooke, I'm sorry that you had to see the dentist, but at least hearing Glenn helped you to take it easy! (Excuse the lame pun )

GEF and Molly: interesting stories about the conflict-defusing courses at the hospitals. GEF, I hope the course will prove useful to you.

My 10c worth of news is that I'm performing in my band's first gig since January this year, on Sunday, 12 August. It coincides with my late mother's birthday, so it will be a bitter-sweet day for me. I'm nervous about the gig, as we're playing with two temporary musicians, and haven't had much time to prepare, but I hope it will go well.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Today I happened to catch the soap The Young and the Restless(alas, my fave). One of the characters (Daniel-a young guy) had on a t shirt that had a flying eagle on the front with EAGLES printed underneath! I always did like him even if he does have problems! I wonder if he ever heard of The Eagles?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    My 10c worth of news is that I'm performing in my band's first gig since January this year, on Sunday, 12 August. It coincides with my late mother's birthday, so it will be a bitter-sweet day for me. I'm nervous about the gig, as we're playing with two temporary musicians, and haven't had much time to prepare, but I hope it will go well.
    Well best of luck with it MF. I know you have been putting in a lot of work for the gig. I'm sure it will go very well and those set lists you emailed me look fantastic.
    We'll be thinking of your mom on Sunday also and will keep her in our prayers
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Lol about hearing Don's version of Unclouded Day in your mom's car, Soda!

Brooke, that soap character must have good taste!

Best of luck with your show, MF, we'll be thinking of you.

Molly, I love your story about Sister Donna and the aggressive client! I hope I never have to put this training into practice. The people I look after can often be confused but rarely are they threatening.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks, GA and GEF, for the good wishes regarding my gig. I'll tell you more about it in the "What's happening in your life?" thread! GA, thank you also for your compassion regarding my mom. It means a lot.

Brooke, your favourite Y&R character must have earned extra points with you for wearing that T-shirt! Where can I buy one?

Soda, I enjoyed your story about Don's "The Unclouded Day" and your parents! It must have been a bit awkward for you, though!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

It was soooooo hot (101 degrees F) yesterday that I just didn't go out much (except church). Thelma & Louise happened to be on TV, so I watched it just so I could hear Glenn singing POMPOY during the end credits! I wished they would have showed his video!

It has been unbelievably hot here too--103 degrees for the last 5 days! The weathermen have been using Glenn's "The Heat Is On" quite a bit during their weather forecasts, and that always makes me smile.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Over 100? I had to convert that in Celsius... 39°C

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    It has been unbelievably hot here too--103 degrees for the last 5 days! The weathermen have been using Glenn's "The Heat Is On" quite a bit during their weather forecasts, and that always makes me smile.
    Our weathermen use it quite a lot too! I at least always get a smile for that, even though I really don't like it that hot!