Page 12 of 303 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Stuck on the Border

Ah GEF - Caffrey's. Yes, I have drunk it.

LOL!!! Boy, did I enjoy all these posts since my last one. I'm not blushing anymore, that's for sure! I'm certainly not alone in my obsession! We're a right sad bunch, but we enjoy every moment of it!

GEF, I really enjoyed those beer cans! We are "desperados", indeed!

GA, as I was scrolling down this page, before I got to your post, I started thinking about your chocolate preference - and there it was! Freyed minds think alike!

Soda, I hope your dissertation went well. I don't know much about such things, but it sounds like an awful amount of work!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

My dissertation currently blows, but hopefully that will improve. Once it's finished, it will be published, and you can all order it through interlibrary loan!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Will do! Whats the topic, or is that classified?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm currently arguing that in sixteenth century British Renaissance romance literature, the love triangles are driven by a fear of gender instability that manifests itself in different ways depending on whether or not the author is male or female. I argue that in romances written by women, the marker of appropriate male gendered behavior is constancy, and if the male loses constancy, gender instability is created. In the plot, this instability must be righted before the "happy ending" can be achieved. In the male versions, however, constancy actually is portrayed as feminiizing sometimes, and therefore is not a clear gender marker. Instead, the marker is strength. As proofs, I'm using works by Philip Sidney, Mary Wroth, and the obscure Anna Weamys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds very complex to me Soda!

I had a dentist appointment yesterday for a dreaded filling and TIE played on their radio. Made me feel much better! I told the dentist that he had great taste in background music! He just laughed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Good luck on that dissertation. Sounds like a very interesting topic.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Sounds very complex to me Soda!

I had a dentist appointment yesterday for a dreaded filling and TIE played on their radio. Made me feel much better! I told the dentist that he had great taste in background music! He just laughed.
    I have to agree. Good luck with that, Soda.

Cool story, Brooke.

Brooke, that must have made the dentist experience better. I still live in hope of hearing the Eagles at my dentist - no luck so far.

Soda, I'm in awe of your knowledge of 16th century English literature. I hope your dissertation goes well. It sounds a fascinating subject. My knowledge of English is earlier - Anglo-Saxon and Celtic, so if you ever need to borrow a text from that era, I may have it.

Complete change of subject, I've been on a course this week dealing with conflict and how to avoid it. Quite useful techniques for defusing situations and also how to escape from grabs etc. Doesn't mean I'm qualified in kung fu or anything, but I'd be a bit happier if I got in a difficult situation with a client.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Complete change of subject, I've been on a course this week dealing with conflict and how to avoid it. Quite useful techniques for defusing situations and also how to escape from grabs etc. Doesn't mean I'm qualified in kung fu or anything, but I'd be a bit happier if I got in a difficult situation with a client.
    We've had that type of course added at our hospital, as well. My son, Peter, in his brief career as an admission clerk at the hospital was chosen to be a part of that "team". I thought it was unusual for them to pick a 17 year old kid to try to diffuse a conflict. I assumed it was his football player size that they were taking advantage of -just his large physical presence.

The first time the "team" had to respond to a situation where a patient was threatening and out of control -they were having a difficult time making it work. The team members were about ready to call the police for assistance when our hospital chaplain, a tiny elderly nun, Sister Donna, strolled in to assist. She broke all "team protocol" by not keeping proper distance, et. She calmly talked the gentleman down and physically approached him with absolutely no fear. She wasn't part of the original team -but obviously should be!