Page 108 of 303 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3027

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Thanks a lot soda, now I'm going to spend all afternoon on iTunes. *fabricated eyeroll* No, really; I appreciate the link. Lots of goodies. I think a few more people need to cover "Hotel California" - holy cow.

I was cognizant of the compusory license regarding live concerts but am not aware of one permitting recorded music. To my understanding the compulsory license involves only the "public performance" portion of a song's copyright, not the right to actually create, press and distribute your own version on a phonograph (CD). Whoever holds that portion of the copyright has to issue explicit permission - usually it's the record company, hence all the Countdown Singers dopplegangers and the appeal of independent labels.

I'm splitting straws, though. Bottom line is I have new material to download on the iPod. Yay!

One of our local grocery stores finally put in a self service checkout. I used it yesterday & after I completed my transaction a voice said "thank you for using The Fast Lane".

LOL GL! How cool!

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    Thanks a lot soda, now I'm going to spend all afternoon on iTunes. *fabricated eyeroll* No, really; I appreciate the link. Lots of goodies. I think a few more people need to cover "Hotel California" - holy cow.
    I wouldn't advise listening to ALL of those suckers (although I imagine you wouldn't anyway, since it would add up monetarily). Michael Buble isn't the only one whose cover isn't quite up to par. But hey, you never know, you might like some of 'em if you choose carefully!

I was cognizant of the compusory license regarding live concerts but am not aware of one permitting recorded music. To my understanding the compulsory license involves only the "public performance" portion of a song's copyright, not the right to actually create, press and distribute your own version on a phonograph (CD). Whoever holds that portion of the copyright has to issue explicit permission - usually it's the record company, hence all the Countdown Singers dopplegangers and the appeal of independent labels.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "own version." If it's a crazy rearrangement that no longer bears much of a resemblance to the original, you can't do it. But if you stay true to the song, it's OK to release a cover of it even without the consent of the copyright holder - hence, the "compulsory" aspect. It seems weird, doesn't it? I was surprised when I read this information, too, but I did some research and confirmed it.

I think that if you want to use the original sound recording, as opposed to using the musical composition to create your own sound recording, you have to obtain permission. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of.

This legal service is eager to help a cover artist obtain a compulsory license so maybe it's oversimplifying the process, but the service is quick to assure potential clients they need not be concerned about obtaining the consent of the original artist unless doing so gets them a better deal with the royalties.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I saw a sign for 'Linden Homes' yesterday, followed by an advertisement for 'Eagle Security'. I'd like both, please!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Sign me up, Troub!

Today I heard Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone." While the song shares little with the Eagles song besides the title, they have a similar repetition of "I'm alllllready gone.... alllllready gone" towards the end. It's only everything else that's different, lol.

Still, just hearing the announcer say the title had me all excited, until I realized it was a totally different song. Perhaps that's for the best, though. Kelly Clarkson is no Glenn Frey. lol

Yeah, but she's really good, though.

Sugarland also has a song called Already Gone. I like Sugarland, so I like the song - it's very country though.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

I second the praise for Sugarland's "Already Gone." It's almost a waltz; so unique. Fabulous band, fabulous song. Highly recommended.

The border *cough* between country and everything else seems to have blurred significantly.

At this point it seems the only difference between country and rock/pop is the accent of the singer.

I can't help but think of the Houston suburb of the same name whenever I hear the word "Sugarland" - have yet to get adjusted to it being a band!

I like both Sugarland's and Kelly Clarkson's Already Gone. I downloaded both from Itunes after first hearing their songs on the radio. They both get a from me.

Sunday night at work, I dealt to a guy that was kinda drunk. He was winning and so he started to buy the other players at the table drinks. He was telling my supervisors that he was gonna by them beers and then he looks at me and says "Jessica, I'll get you a Tequila Sunrise." This guy is a regular but has no idea about me and the Eagles. If we were at a bar or some place other than my work, I would have gladly taken him up on the offer.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."