Page 49 of 118 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

How fabulous for you!!! Sounds like it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. I have to hand it to you, though. I think I would have been arrested. If I stood on line for as long as you did and then had to deal with a free for all shoving match to get up front it would NOT have been pretty. Maybe its just the New Yorker in me but I'm pretty sure I would have lost it. Seems like you shook that nonsense off and didn't let it spoil your good time. Good for you! Its hard to describe to people who don't "get it" that being there in that moment in that space is your absolute favorite place to be on the planet. You just have to soak it all in and enjoy the moment. Kudos. When you're 80 years old you're gonna remember that night with a little secret smile on your face.

There was a guy in front of me in line who was screaming so much at these line cutters I thought there was going to be an altercation - but there was little a person could do about it short of physically shoving the cutters back. Even that wasn't practical because there were so many. I just feel lucky I made it to the front!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thank you for the great videos and the detailed review!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - that sounds like the ultimate hardcore fan experience. I guess when you get that many hardcore fans in one small area jockeying for position, it's bound to cause some tension. I guess it's naive to expect folks to mind their manners in these situations.

But, glad you had an awesome time, in spite of this, Soda. I'm so glad you got to go to this, and I know you are too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, wow! Just wow! I'm glad you managed to make it to the front and had such a wonderful time in spite of all the mayhem! Some people are just unbelievable!

How cool to have been there for Stevie's birthday show! A moment to remember for sure!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the excellent review Nancy. Wish I could have gone but I've done GA at the Wiltern before and didn't want to put up with the %$&^ that it sounds like you went through. Similar thing happened to me at a John Fogerty event there-GA.

Anyway, glad to hear your perseverance paid off and your vids, by the way, were uber-licous. Thanks and much appreciated.

Can't wait for her tour.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Border Desperado

Nancy- Just watched Rhiannon. Superb video. Will have to wait until tomorrow to watch the rest. Thank you for sharing them with us. As always, your review was great.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Don't even know how to tell you how happy I am for you. So very, very glad you took this opportunity! Thanks for the excellent review (as usual). Can't wait to check out the videos this afternoon.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That's our girl, always looking at the positive side of things! We all should be more like that...

Anyhow, Stevie looks beautiful in the pics (thanks FP) and in the vids. And she looks like she's having a good time. I'm so glad you went Soda, for yourself and for us!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Glad you're enjoying the vids but I want to clarify - i didn't take them, I just linked to them. I too am VERY thankful to those who took video at the show - now I can relive it anytime!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten