Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Fabulous Review Soda... Thanks! I'm glad you had a great time......
    Stevie's lookin' gooooood!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Video of her with Rod onstage:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFGP_wclc6s[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the review, photos and video Soda, glad you had a great time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Loved the review and pictures. Stevie's just as beautiful as ever!!

Soda- you had me worried with....

"At first, I was worried that Stevie was just a glorified opening act, doing her set and then clearing out for Rod's. However, I comforted myself with the fact that their set lists were of comparable length even if her set was shortened from what it would be normally. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, but I just hated the thought of Stevie playing second fiddle to Rod Stewart."

and

"While I was relieved Rod would not be butchering Don's part in "Leather and Lace," I did wish they would do an encore together or something. I noticed "Rock and Roll" had been dropped from Stevie's set (she had played it the night before) - maybe they would do an encore together after all? My friend and I hoped for the best, but didn't expect it."

I'm very glad you found an appreciation for Rod after all even tho you thought he might "butcher" Leather & Lace. I was afraid that maybe you were going in just assuming you weren't going to like him that maybe you wouldn't. You said you will be buying his greatest hits but I'm curious on what your perception was after actually seeing him perform. Did you enjoy him and his music?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Great review Soda!

The pics are nice too!!!

I was watching a documentary on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers last night and she was mentioned quite a bit in that documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    You said you will be buying his greatest hits but I'm curious on what your perception was after actually seeing him perform. Did you enjoy him and his music?
    I will admit that I went in there dubious as to whether I would enjoy Rod's set. Indeed, my friend and I even discussed if we should stay since we thought Stevie wasn't coming back out. However, I did not forget the nice things said about him here, so I stayed - and I'm so glad I did!

There are several songs by Rod Stewart I gained a new appreciation for. In fact, I found something to like about all of them except "Passion" (with the exception of Stevie singing on it, of course), "Hot Legs," and "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy," which I have always thought was pretty lame.

By the way, I always thought "You Wear It Well" was a jingle from a commercial. I remember hearing it advertising perfume or something in the 80s, I think. I never realized it was a real song until this concert!

At least I knew enough to correct my friend who thought that "The First Cut Is the Deepest" was a Sheryl Crow song that Rod was covering.

Believe me, I wouldn't spend my hard-earned money on a CD if I didn't appreciate the music. However, I must admit that I won't be shelling out money to see his solo concerts sans Stevie, even though he is a good showman.

As far as enjoying him as opposed to his music, he seemed to love performing and I always appreciate that. He seems like a fun guy who understands what his fans want and gives it to them - and revels in the way they eat it up! He makes you feel like the concert is just as exciting to him as it is to you. I love that. The only thing I didn't enjoy about him was how he spazzed out so much, making jerky weird hand movements, running in place while waving his arms around - things like that. It was constant and it was distracting. If it were the 1970s or 1980s, I would think he was on some kind of upper.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, sounds like you had a great time even though you were a bit apprehensive about Rod. Stevie looks fabulous, too!

Thanks for telling us all about it. I'm still thinking about going to see them in KC in April. I'm watching the tickets. Not too crazy about RS, but he's ok. I'd really rather see her solo.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It's rumored that she'll tour solo in a few months to promote her new album, In Your Dreams. It's hard to know whether to hold out, though, because we don't know what cities she'll play (right now she's just booked Atlantic City and Vegas).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah. I wish she would have just waited to tour solo. Surely she will for the new cd. :fingerscrossed:
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the review, Soda. As far as Rod - I've never been a huge fan of his either and don't think I'd be interested in seeing him solo. The only songs of his that I really like are ...

Maggie May (love it)
    Tonight's the Night
    You Wear it Well
    Forever Young

As far as his set, it kinda reminds me of the discussion we were having in another thread about acts that use special effects or other gimmicks to entertain instead of letting their music do the entertaining.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016