Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Here's another one Prettymaid, Stevie comes in around 2:10:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcoz1iQqunU[/ame]

I've given up criticizing TS. She can't sing, and I don't think she deserves half the rewards she receives; but, at least she's not espousing the merits of debauchery and excessive alcohol consumption, like almost everyone else on the radio. Perhaps we'll get an insurgence of young songwriters and finally eject the hip-hop moguls? [C'mon, a girl can dream.]

Absolutely need to fire their events coordinator, though. I concur with everyone else - Stevie's not country, Taylor's not pop. It's not even a "CMT Crossroads" type of thing because they really have nothing even slightly in common.

Well, I most certainly think Ms. Swift has earned all her grammies and has a great voice.

Hi ABM!

From all accounts Ms. Swift has a voice that does not hold up live. She is consistently off key, not just here but any time she performs.

It could be she is one of those performers who gets nervous performing live, or needs a lot of takes to "get it right."

Or, it could be she isn't much of a singer and they autotune the heck out of her voice for her albums.

Is it wrong to autotune?

I figure, Autotune is the music industry's version of liposuction. People admire the person who's lost weight naturally by working hard, dieting, exercising, etc.; people respect that person more than they would someone who got thin through liposuction... but in the end, all they really care about is how good the person looks in a bikini.

And in the end, all Taylor's fans care about is how good she sounds on their iPods.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I tend to agree with Soda. I admire Taylor immensely for the talent she is showing at her age for songwriting, and I also think that they do clean her vocals up with Autotune. I've come close to buying a VST version of it myself for it can really clean up pitchy performances both in the studio and on stage. I don't think they were using it the night of the Grammys <smile>.

She has sold a lot of albums and I really they are using objective measures rather than subjective ones in the decision making for those awards. And that is not necessarily a bad way to do it. Obviously America loves her.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    From all accounts Ms. Swift has a voice that does not hold up live. She is consistently off key, not just here but any time she performs.
    That's what my ears hear too.

Thanks ABM for the video.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I think Taylor's a great singer

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

On YouTube looking up Bob Welch stuff and came across this which also led to the second video here. I LOVE Ebony Eyes by Bob and hadn't seen this one with Stevie singing it with him. He's so full of energy and looks so good and they sound so great together, I had to post it at the risk of repeating it here somewhere. Sorry if it's nothing new. I do have a question for a Stevie expert. In talking about all her ex's, has Bob ever been mentioned? Were they also an item to anyone's knowledge?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-9dn8zLfo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwP1mC8O9SE[/ame]
    He sings it high, he plays it low

No, they were never an item, as far as I know at least!

It's rumored Stevie is gonna play Atlantic City in August and may even put out a new album!!! The first seems a lot more likely than the second, but we'll see! I already had a friend call me about going to AC to see Stevie. When I told her my concert fund had been depleted by the Eagles, she was appalled! Hopefully Stevie will come near me so I can see her and this isn't an isolated date.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So many concerts, so little time (and money)!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Banned
    Sunset Sound Studios - Buried Alive in the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    When I told her my concert fund had been depleted by the Eagles, she was appalled!

Ahhh, well. At least some of us have our priorities straight.