Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: London Olympics

Default Re: London Olympics

Very happy for the US ladies gymnastic team last night for winning the gold metal. I thought they turned in some beautiful performances. I am just in awe of these girls being so young & under so much pressure on an International stage!! Congratulations to the FAB5

I also enjoyed watching the diving competitions. They just fascinate me.

I'm sorry that I didn't describe the relays earlier; I didn't want to embarass anyone.
    Then, I was thinking that there'll be a few more freestyle relays televised--(they are in two different distances--100 meters each swimmer--freestyle stroke; 4 swimmers on each relay team// and 200 meters each swimmer--freestyle stroke// with 4 swimmers per relay team), and there'll be people who might want to watch the strokes-inclusive medley relays (100 meters per swimmer, sequenced in 100 meters per competitive stroke, each entry a 4 person team--one competitive stroke per swimmer for 100 meters each swimmer--in the order swiimer 1 =backstroke, swimmer 2 = breaststroke, swimmer 3 = butterfly, swimmer 4 = freestyle) at the end--so, I decided to run the post.

I hope no one feels put out.

Stuck on the Border

Given that in Australia the coverage is about 80% swimming, it's hard to avoid.

Congratulations to Great Britain on winning their first two gold medals. After all the juvenile carping by the Australian press, they are now ahead of us.

Very proud of Team GB today! Even the male gymnasts did exceptionally well, despite missing out on medals.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Just watched Usain Bolt win the 100 metres! What a superstar he is!

Bolt is one of a kind! An exceptional athlete and a natural showman. He's very exciting to watch.

I am thrilled for Team GB gymnast, Beth Tweddle, who got a bronze today - her first Olympic medal. I also can't believe how well we are doing in the cycling... Incredible! I must also mention Jess Ennis and Mo Farah. What a night of athletics that was!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Yes, congrats to the Brits for such a fabulous showing this week! The home team is really pullin' it out!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So proud of Aly Raisman for winning the GOLD medal for her flawless floor routine & a Bronze for the Balance Beam performance!
    All the glory has been given to Gabby Douglas, but Gabby did not fair too well in the individual medal round. Aly rose to the challenge & won 2 more medals for the US team! Congratulations Aly!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, Aly's floor routine was awesome! So happy for her!

And how about the US Women's Beach Volleyball teams? 2 US teams playing for the Gold! We can't lose now! Fabulous!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We did incredibly well (Compard to our usual forays into the Olympics). Katie Taylor won a Gold in the inaugural female Boxing competition, while JohnJo Nevin won silver in his boxing category. Similarly in boxing, Michael Conlon and Paddy Barnes scooped Silver in their Boxing categories. Meanwhile in the equestrian section, Cian O'Connor won a bronze medal.

But well done to all the participants from every country. The time they have put in, and the sacrifices they have made in order to represent their countries must never be underestimated, and regardless of the results, they should all be proud of the effort and contribution they have made. The vibe coming across the water from London was extremely positive, and the organisers and volunteers also deserve great credit for the wonderful job they did.

The paralympics follow in a few weeks and lets hope they emulate the success we have seen this month.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP