Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Top 40 Songs - Border Poll

Default Re: Eagles Top 40 Songs - Border Poll

Some of the songs on this list shocked me as well.... I mean "King of Hollywood" I thought that was one of the WORST songs they ever did, as well as "Doolin Dalton"
    Well to each his own,,,
    Thank you Dreamer for doing all the work to figure this out!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

There's some shocking results there! I'm glad TIE is at the top and HC is next. Surprised AG came in next, but glad it did.

What happened to Out of Control? If you ever watch that old BBC show, Glenn rocks it out of the park! And how in the world is NMWITW better than GDIH? Shocking to me! And ATTIG?! Drat!

Thanks Dreamer! I know that was a lot of work for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Very interesting! I'm definitely surprised by some of the inclusions - I wasn't expecting Get Over It to come so high, or even Learn To Be Still to be on the list (although I like it.) I'm not surprised that Take It Easy claimed the number one spot, though. I know it is hugely loved and regarded by many as the quintessential Eagles song. I like the fact that songs like No More Walks In The Wood have crept in! Makes it interesting and eclectic.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Exclamation Re: Eagles Top 40 Songs - Border Poll

My top 13 songs all ended up in the top 20, so I'm happy! I only had 3 songs that didn't make the list. The Sad Cafe, which I went back and forth with The Last Resort. I had a hard time deciding between the two of them. The other two were Try And Love Again and Midnight Flyer. I wasn't too surprised they didn't make the list although I really love them. I was kind of surprised by Somebody, Bitter Creek, and Kings of Hollywood. It was interesting to see everyone's lists.
    Thanks so much Dreamer, for all your hard work. It was fun!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I have to say this was, by far, the most labor-intensive poll I've tallied, but it was great to see all of the participation. I thought I'd share some things about the results that I think are interesting, so here goes ...

At one point about 1/3 of the way through the game, Already Gone actually had the lead by a pretty substantial margin, which I was really surprised about, but then somewhere around the midpoint of the game, Take It Easy took the lead and never looked back. Actually, from about the midpoint on, there was very little change in the Top 20 songs. The order changed around some, but not really all that much. Take It Easy and Already Gone made all but 3 people's list, whereas, Hotel California made all but 4 lists.

Now there was quite a bit of movement in the battle for the last 10 - 15 songs. As far as the 'near misses' and the 'almost rans', No More Walks In the Wood and Learn To Be Still only got 2 votes apiece, but the voters rated them so high that they still managed to squeak in to the Top 40. Sadly, Those Shoes received 4 votes totaling 27 points, which means it missed making the list by only 1 point. Another narrow miss was Try and Love Again, which received 4 votes for a total of 24 points.

So, I will leave you with this for now, but the suspense will continue ...

1. Which of the band’s grammy-winning songs did not make anyone’s list?
    2. Which album title track(s) didn’t make our Top 40 list?
    3. Which album(s) had the most songs represented in the Top 40?

If you know the answer to these question or just want to take a guess at it, please feel free to do so. Tune in again for the answers to these questions and more.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As far as my own list, every single one of my songs made the Top 40, so I was pretty pleased about that. However, I was surprised that No More Cloudy Days, No More Walks In the Wood, and Learn To Be Still made the list. I like all three of them, but I like several others a lot more. As far as King of Hollywood and Bitter Creek, I wasn't too surprised that either of them made the list. I, for one, love King of Hollywood and consider it to be very underrated. And even though I like Bitter Creek, I personally would have preferred to see Bernie represented by My Man, Twenty-One, or Train Leaves Here This Morning.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    1. Which of the band’s grammy-winning songs did not make anyone’s list?
    2. Which album title track(s) didn’t make our Top 40 list?
    3. Which album(s) had the most songs represented in the Top 40?
    1. I Dreamed There Was No War
    2. On The Border
    3. The Very Best of The Eagles. OK, I'm guessing you weren't looking for a greatest hits answer there.... So I'll guess Hotel California?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    I was surprised when looking at everyone else's selection that I wasn't the only one to omit Hotel California.
    I didn't go back to look to see how many left if off their list, but I definitely did. I'm so over HC!!! (sorry Austin). That being said, I am actually surprised it was #2 and not #1, I mean, it is the song that most people think of first when they hear of the Eagles, I think, anyways.

Proud to say 13 of my songs made the top 20 and 9 of those made it into the top 10- which actually surprises me because I'm usually one of those that ranks everything a bit differently from the norm in the Survivor games. My bottom half of my list didn't fair well. I totally agree with Soda---what the heck, people, why is Those Shoes so far down?

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat
    Some of the songs on this list shocked me as well.... I mean "King of Hollywood" I thought that was one of the WORST songs they ever did
    Are you kidding? That is one cool song!!! Don's voice in it is amazing and so freakin' hot!!! I ranked it #6 on my list but have to say that's actually kind of low because I usually would of probably ranked it a couple songs higher. It ROCKS!!!!

Dreamer--- Thank you from me also for your hard work here!!! I'm very anxious to see some of the other stats!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I love King of Hollywood, too. The beat is funky and chilled out, the harmonies are smooth and Don's voice (as Willie said) is so freaking hot!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

The song has grown on me, largely because of its guitar solos, but I also think it's inferior to Those Shoes.

I want to also thank Dreamer! I know this took a lot of time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten