Page 261 of 273 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I thought speculation about their private lives was forbidden
    Ah - spoken like a true contrarian, F50. There is a difference between speculation and known facts. It's okay to speculate about things based on known facts. It is not okay to misrepresent speculation as facts. In addition, it crosses the line when speculating on situations without knowing or disregarding the facts or making inflammatory and judgmental comments. As I said in another thread recently, if you find the distinction is murky and you're unsure where to draw the line, then it is better to err on the side of caution and not comment at all. Here's how this is addressed in our Netiquette Guidelines

6. Stick to facts when discussing a topic. As we said earlier, we want to encourage discussion - after all, that's what the board is all about. There are times when a topic is pure rumor, speculation, or opinion, and that is fine. However, you want to be clear so that you do not misrepresent rumor, speculation, or opinion as fact. Regarding the more scandalous, unsavory, unsubstantiated gossip: it doesn't need to be on the board at all.

If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators, and we'll be glad to try to clarify this for you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Yes, it is certainly acceptable to talk about the guys' family members as far as their accomplishments or other aspects that are in the news or that the guys themselves speak about. Jean Schmit was in This Is Spinal Tap, Owen makes and sells art, Jeddrah had her own band, Joe is married to Ringo's wife's sister, Glenn's mother in law appears in the Huell Howser HFO video, etc...[I don't have much on Don's kids!], we have entire threads dedicated to this type of info. It is has been verified by the guys themselves in interviews, etc...and in the family members' commercial websites (as opposed to their social media pages). We aren't repeating unverified, unsavory rumors, or speculating on them. The fact that the guys have children but no grandchildren isn't a forbidden topic of conversation.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I guess Jeddrah, Lucy and Owen would be the oldest kids at 43, 33 and 30?
    Don H.'s eldest is almost 40 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Plenty of time left, the guys will probably go from no grandbabies to a whole bunch within a couple of years!
    Seriously. Isn't that surreal to contemplate? Of course, Felder and Randy are already there!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Default Re: History of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    so i'm watching this for the 12th time. and it's more entertaining since i fell in love with the band and their music. VERY informative
    LOL JUST the 12th time? . I loved this documentary through and through. Great music, well-edited. They are such characters and great musicians. I was aware of them in the 70s (had some of their singles on 45s because we had an older cousin who was living with us) but frankly I became a fan during the 80s and their solo careers (Don and Glenn). I thought they were so HOT in the 80s. I so wanted Glenn to have that acting career. At the time, I was a "preppie" so didn't like their fuzzy, raggedy 70s looks. Boy was I dumb. I got over that stupidity don't worry. LOL.

Border Troubadour

I was watching some of the old DC 1977 videos on YouTube just now and thought I would check out setlist.fm again to see if anyone had actually uploaded a copy of the setlist from that night. Well, they performed at the Capital Center in Landover, MD for two nights in March 1977. This is now on the former's page:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles...-53c127b5.html

Hotel California
    Victim of Love
    Already Gone
    New Kid in Town
    Tequila Sunrise
    Wasted Time
    Turn to Stone
    Witchy Woman
    The Best of My Love
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Try and Love Again
    Lyin' Eyes
    One of These Nights
    James Dean
    Funk #49
    Life's Been Good
    Life in the Fast Lane
    Desperado
    Encore:
    Take It to the Limit
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Take It Easy
    Could this be the answer to the question that has plagued this forum for two years? My only reservation with that is that I believe there is a photo from that night (Joe and Glenn are in the same shirts in both) that shows them taking the final bow... with Henley holding an acoustic guitar. Which implies BOML was the final song (they do abscond very quickly after Take It Easy, which tells me that it wasn't the last song)...

Or perhaps it was from the second night and we'll never know!

with only 7 school days to the end of the semester, most of the students are done with their Social Studies. Today I started playing HOTE for those students that had nothing else to do. Of course I had to FF through the naked people in Colorado but most kids seemed to enjoy it. One student finished his work today and asked if he could start watching it tomorrow! Such hard work.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Too cool, SC!!

TLR, that setlist doesn't match what my friend remembers from the concert, so I don't know what to think. I think that set list is what they typically played, but Dan said he remembered them playing all the songs on the DVD first, then they left the stage (more than once, actually), then a long break and then they came out and did the rest of the show sans cameras. His memory is somewhat hazy, it was a long time ago and he was likely under the influence of something, but he told me that long before the DVD was released, and could name five of the songs (he accurately guessed a sixth, but admitted he wasn't sure).
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Banned

I'm pretty sure that the set list you've posted, thelastresort, is not from March 1977, primarily as Life's Been Good came out in 1978.
    The James Gang's Walk Away was a fixture in the Eagles set list before Life's Been Good came along, plus I'm surprised to see two Walsh tracks performed consecutively. I suppose it's possible if LBG was being performed for the first time.

It's a great set list, I'd loved to have been at the show, but maybe 1978 rather than 1977.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the set list you've posted, thelastresort, is not from March 1977, primarily as Life's Been Good came out in 1978.
    The James Gang's Walk Away was a fixture in the Eagles set list before Life's Been Good came along, plus I'm surprised to see two Walsh tracks performed consecutively. I suppose it's possible if LBG was being performed for the first time.

It's a great set list, I'd loved to have been at the show, but maybe 1978 rather than 1977.
    But wasn't Randy gone by 1978?

I don't think the band were as bothered by setlist structure back in the day as they are now, so it's plausible two Walsh songs were together; this still happens today, except band intros is in the middle of it. I have no idea at what point Joe wrote LBG but I would have thought it's possible it could have been included: for example there are songs on the F1 disk that weren't released for another couple of years after filming, or quite a while in the case of (Joe's) One Day at a Time...