Page 256 of 273 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I just found out what I was referring to, it's in Eliot's book (so take with however big a pinch of salt you see fit) and was actually about Teenage Jail:

"I heard Teenage Jail on the radio the other day and I laughed out loud ... At that point we were just saying to hell with it. We were so miserable ... that it actually got funny at one point"

Sounds more like a brutally honest reflection than any unpleasantness. I don't think Henley is actually the sort of person to do things like that (save IWYP obviously), he's quite guarded usually in how he speaks and behaves.

Border Troubadour

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but for those of you with access Sky Arts 1 are showing what they call a 'profile' of the Eagles between 9 and 11.25 tonight. Now I don't know if it's just the HOTE doc again or something else but needless to say, I'l be checking it out
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I don't know if this is the right thread to post this but for those of you with access Sky Arts 1 are showing what they call a 'profile' of the Eagles between 9 and 11.25 tonight. Now I don't know if it's just the HOTE doc again or something else but needless to say, I'l be checking it out
    Thanks for that DD - it looks like it is the HOTE doc but no harm in watching it again this Valentines weekend The second part is on tomorrow night
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Yes, it's the HotE doc. Part2 is tomorrow. It's repeated couple of times in the next few days. Thanks for the alert - my previous recording got wiped accidentally when the hard disc filled up and it's so much easy than playing the DVD (which just shows how lazy I've become!).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Two years ago today (and tomorrow). Wow! I remember waking up so excited, majorly anticipating it. Besides finally getting to see it, I was having a friend over for dinner that I hadn't had one-on-one time with in far too long. I made a nice dinner and we broke out the pink champagne while watching.

It's supposed to snow here this evening...like 8 inches. I have some pink champagne in the refrigerator. Perhaps this evening would be a good night to watch it again.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Excellent plan, VA!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think you've talked me in to it! I have a day off and I haven't watched for quite a while!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, I didn't watch it yesterday, I plan on watching it this afternoon and evening.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to the HOTE documentary. I watch it everyday at work while working and I'm still not tired of watching it after all these years.

Thanks to this documentary, I finally fell in love with their music after years of not liking it. HFO may had introduce me to their music when I was 14, but HOTE brought out my love for their music 20 years later. Well it was 19 years. Lol I guess I was a closet fan for years since I did have 10 of their songs on my MP3 player years before 2013 when I started to listen to all of their songs except songs I only like.

I probably will watch it today.

I still can't believe this thread is still going strong 2 years later.

I think I'll watch it tonight, too! I remember trekking to Brooke's to watch this because I hadn't yet met her in person after knowing her online for then-8 years (now 10). What fun we had! Can't believe it's been 2 years!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten