Page 241 of 273 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Out on the Border

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

That is a definite possibility. Randy's health may have played a part in all of it. He is also quite shy so he might not have felt comfortable talking about it. I would have loved to hear his take on all of it, another side to the story. I just wish they would have been a little kinder to Randy in the DOC. They did not do him justice with the vodka drinking, 2 women comment, that was unnecessary. They all drank and did multiple women.

Out on the Border

I saw Felder a couple of months ago. Although I enjoyed the concert very much, I don't consider him close to Henley as a singer. He can make it happen with a guitar!!

Out on the Border

I have seen Felder in the past also and yes his voice is not nearly as good as Henley's, but then few voices are. Felder is definitely a good entertainer and a great musician. His guitar speaks for itself, awesome.

Felder can't touch Don vocally, Victim Of Love wouldn't be near as good with him singing it. It was best for the band and I am so glad they had Don do it, the song is smoking hot with Don but with Felder it would have just been OK. Don sounds so sexy, 'thirsty and hot' you betcha, with Felder no one would be thirsty and hot.
    ~Sara

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Felder can't touch Don vocally, Victim Of Love wouldn't be near as good with him singing it. It was best for the band and I am so glad they had Don do it, the song is smoking hot with Don but with Felder it would have just been OK. Don sounds so sexy, 'thirsty and hot' you betcha, with Felder no one would be thirsty and hot.
    There is no Eagle's voice who is as good as Don's, no doubt about that. But I think Felder's guitar does his singing for him and as far as his looks, Felder was and still is a very hot looking man. Yes Don sang Victim of Love but it was Felder who brought it to the table.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    There is no Eagle's voice who is as good as Don's, no doubt about that.
    I think you'll find there are many who would dispute that! Different voices suit different songs. IMHO, it was Felder's misfortune that the songs that suited his voice suited Don Henley's even better. Glenn, Randy and Timothy have voices that are quite different and I can't imagine Henley singing any of their songs better.

I'd have liked the documentary to play some of Felder's version of VOL so I could judge for myself. I do wonder if they tried this but found the difference was marginal and didn't support the story.

The documentarians were telling a story. They used the interviews, film footage, photos etc to tell that story but will have discarded a lot of material because it didn't fit or because it duplicated information that was available in a more succinct or entertaining version.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I totally agree with you UtW that different voices suit different songs and that the songs each Eagle does sound best by them. The reason Felder didn't sing more songs was he just didn't have the voice with the range and tone that the others had. I just don't think he's a very good singer honestly. Now guitar playing is a different story! Jmo
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'd have liked the documentary to play some of Felder's version of VOL so I could judge for myself. I do wonder if they tried this but found the difference was marginal and didn't support the story.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what happened

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post

I totally agree, Don singing the Sports Results would be uber sexy to me! But again, it's a matter of taste. However, I did listen to Felder's version on youtube and the best way to describe it was 'ordinary'; not bad but forgettable. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that Felder is a brilliant guitarist but Don just has 'it', the X factor and nobody can deny that ordinary is not a word which can be associated with him.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    ... Don just has 'it', ... and nobody can deny that ordinary is not a word which can be associated with him.
    Not even his drumming?

*Hides*