Page 232 of 273 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Not sure if this should go here or in the HOTE discussion thread. Previously.tv (successor to TWOP) did a viewing of HOTE.

http://previously.tv/television/don-...he-right-hair/
    Just got around to reading this and oh my gosh a couple of parts made me laugh out loud!!

On another note: I was watching part 2 tonight and I don't think this has been brought up here before - not sure why I didn't notice it but yikes, how much would it hurt if you were Joe Walsh's child, watching him say he finally had a reason to get sober - the potential of the Eagles getting back together. Ouch. I'm sure the issue was not that simple, and they edited Joe's comments, but that's still rough to hear if you're his family.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Just got around to reading this and oh my gosh a couple of parts made me laugh out loud!!

On another note: I was watching part 2 tonight and I don't think this has been brought up here before - not sure why I didn't notice it but yikes, how much would it hurt if you were Joe Walsh's child, watching him say he finally had a reason to get sober - the potential of the Eagles getting back together. Ouch. I'm sure the issue was not that simple, and they edited Joe's comments, but that's still rough to hear if you're his family.
    Sounds harsh, yes. Maybe it's a case of poor choice of words or, indeed, editing. Maybe he was referring to the financial side of it - he will lose a good job opportunity if he doesn't get his act together. I'm sure his family understands that Joe didn't mean that he got sober only because it's fun to hang out with those guys.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

To be fair to Joe, it must be horrendous for himself to have to look back on all that footage. He looked the worst I've ever seen him in the bit where he's going a duet with someone else on acoustic.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I had thought the same thing, MC, and I took it to mean that at the time, he may have felt like he had already lost his family, that it was too late get any part of that back.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    I watched the documentary today on my laptop with my headphones on and I just now noticed how prominent Glenn's electric piano part is during "Outlaw Man." For some reason it just hit me today how good it sounds.
    Was it the original or a live version? If I remember correctly, it's not Glenn in the original. I think it was some outsider. Jim Ed Norman?

This is just my opinion. So don't take it wrong. Joe probably didn't care about family at that moment. He was going down hill and probably on the way of having a drug and/or alcohol overdose. He probably was divorced when they were in the beginning stage of HFO and he probably thought their wasn't hope. Joe always said he loved being in the Eagles and he was sad that they broke up. So this helped him to finally get sober. He didn't want to mess up this opportunity. Like Glenn said in the documentary. He was around enablers. They didn't care about the welfare of Joe's condition or to get him sober so he won't die early like his friends who died from alcohol and drug overdose before him.

I'm proud of Joe that he's been sober for 20 something years now. He's a great person and I think people respect him more and appreciate the Joe of today. Their will be people who will still think he's high or drunk, but we know he's not.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    I watched the documentary today on my laptop with my headphones on and I just now noticed how prominent Glenn's electric piano part is during "Outlaw Man." For some reason it just hit me today how good it sounds.
    The album says it's Glenn on piano, acoustic guitar and lead vocals and Bernie on lead guitar.

In the Voorburg concert (1973), Glenn is playing rhythm on his electric guitar and Bernie's on lead electric guitar.

Then in the following clip from 1976, Glenn is on piano, Don Felder is on lead guitar and Joe is on rhythm guitar. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc0pS5H2hns"]this footage[/ame]

Jim Ed Norman plays piano on "Lyin' Eyes".

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The album says it's Glenn on piano, acoustic guitar and lead vocals and Bernie on lead guitar.

In the Voorburg concert (1973), Glenn is playing rhythm on his electric guitar and Bernie's on lead electric guitar.

Then in the following clip from 1976, Glenn is on piano, Don Felder is on lead guitar and Joe is on rhythm guitar. this footage

Jim Ed Norman plays piano on "Lyin' Eyes".
    Ok, thanks. I stand corrected. I was sure that I had seen the electric piano part in that particular song credited to someone else. I knew that Norman's on Lyin' Eyes and Take It To The Limit. That's why I assumed he might have played on Outlaw Man.

So, either the information was wrong in the source I once saw or my memory failed me. More likely the latter

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Ok, thanks. I stand corrected. I was sure that I had seen the electric piano part in that particular song credited to someone else. I knew that Norman's on Lyin' Eyes and Take It To The Limit. That's why I assumed he might have played on Outlaw Man.

So, either the information was wrong in the source I once saw or my memory failed me. More likely the latter
    It's the Selected Works liner notes that says it's Jim Ed Norman playing electric piano on Outlaw Man

Border Troubadour

If that was the case then wouldn't he have been in England with them? I've never seen mention of that and had always assumed that the first three albums were played solely by the original four members plus Felder for two songs. Frey played piano on Desperado (the song) afaik so I don't know why someone else would then do Outlaw Man (unless JEN played that too?).