Page 230 of 273 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...le-make-2014-5

An article about salaries and coworkers that uses the Eagles as an example.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Good article and SO true!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So so true!! My best friend/colleague was making $50K as an accountant in our organization - college degree, title of "Senior Accountant",etc...Someone in her department went on vacation, and she was tasked with some work she normally wouldn't do. During the course of this work, she saw on some documents that her colleague who is in a much "lower" position - not a day of college, admin asst.-type position, etc... was making $60K (I know this # can be typical for this type of work, but in this particular case, very surprising). She was just shocked and absolutely furious - she had worked there for 16 years. Furious that their mutual boss wasn't looking out for her and making sure that salaries in their dept. were where they should be. Her boss responded with, "Oh, you'll have to go to the Big Boss with that request...", which she immediately did, walked right in his office - the CEO - told him what was happening and they gave her an extra $12K per year. You DO NOT want to know what others are making!!

I work down the hall from a teacher that admittedly has more years experience than I do (by quite a bit). Yet I am on all of the committees, go to all of the extra training, work weekends, stay late and work my butt off to do projects and hands on learning experiences for my kids (and all the other kids in our grade level). This teacher is doing the exact same lessons she has been doing for the last 20 years. And my paycheck is 1/2 of what hers is. It is frustrating, but I have to keep telling myself that I'm not doing it for the money - no one who is in education does it for the money . But there are times that it really irks me! I have to admit that sometimes it affects the way I act towards her.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm just glad the link worked! I was on a tablet, and cut and paste isn't as clear cut on those devices!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I agree that ignorance can be bliss in these situations. I, for one, try not to concern myself at all with what my co-workers make or even how they perform unless it directly affects me. I have learned it is best to just worry about me because everything else is beyond my control. It's the Serenity Prayer thing, which is how I truly try to live my life.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Summer is here and hubby and daughter are both gone during the day. It allows me time to actually sit and watch (and not multitask like laundry etc.) There are a lot of cute moments in each song. Like Don-going to Joe Kind of bent but we're not shakin

Out on the Border The ghost of Lenny Bruce's Avatar

Cool The History of the Eagles, Part One

Just finished watching the documentary. One underlying theme is discontent. Unsurprising in that one can not be a true rock musician without a general sense of frustration. It is a life-calling to which only malcontents need apply. From Muddy Waters' "I Can't Be Satisfied," to the Stones' "Satisfaction," and later Don Henley's "I Will Not Go Quietly," rock music has provided a platform for voicing social and political critique. Bob Dylan has used this platform prolifically. That said, the animosity between Glenn and Don Felder remains a mystery to me, even after watching the film. Although I understand Glenn's contribution to the Eagles' success, Don also played an integral part. While I love the first two albums, particularly Desperado, the instrumental kick-in-the-pants Felder brought to the band from On The Border until Hell Freezes Over was evident, Joe Walsh's contributions notwithstanding. I saw the band for the first time in Omaha, NE in March '77, with JD Souther opening, and the experience was magical. I have never witnessed a better show, ever. The point I wish to make is that in my mind Felder's absence hurts the band. I believe the problem is not your differences but your similarities. Walk a mile in his shoes, Glenn, and see where it leads; you just may be surprised at what you find.

I could be wrong,.....but I'm not. (used with apologies)

Default Re: The History of the Eagles, Part One

Very well put Ghost.

I merged the threads to keep all the discussion in one place.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten