Page 23 of 273 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    So has Henley or Frey ever mentioned writing a Biography?

It amazes me at how little has been ritten about the band and the players. Nobody has eve written an unauthorized biography of Henley...which would sell. And it took only 40 years for a documentary to be made.

So any word on if one of them will ever write a Biography (besides Felder of course which was smart in doing his).

Both of them have mentioned writing a biography in recent interviews.

So has Henley or Frey ever mentioned writing a Biography?

It amazes me at how little has been ritten about the band and the players. Nobody has eve written an unauthorized biography of Henley...which would sell. And it took only 40 years for a documentary to be made.

So any word on if one of them will ever write a Biography (besides Felder of course which was smart in doing his).
    I think both of them are. Work in progress lol.

Originally Posted by Shadowland07
    So because of 1 song Felder should have been an equal!? Hahaha yeah right. "Hotel California" is an overrated song, the Eagles have better songs than it. Oh yeah, they do have other songs.
    I dont think its overated at all. But one fact is its THE EAGLES song that is most known of all worldwide and the only of them that has ever been voted #1 classic rock song of all time. Without HC the Eagles wouldnt be as infamous as they are. Thats a fact.
    The Eagles have no better song than Hotel Caliornia. Yes, Felder does deserve to be an equal & not only because of HC, but as a member of the band...Why is one band member more important than another? That only happens in Eagleland.... Other bands don't operate that way.

HC is THE DEFINING SONG of the Eagles & they would not be where they are today without it. NO WAY...

As a member of the band yes of course he is an equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Originally Posted by Shadowland07

The Eagles have no better song than Hotel Caliornia. Yes, Felder does deserve to be an equal & not only because of HC, but as a member of the band...Why is one band member more important than another? That only happens in Eagleland.... Other bands don't operate that way.

HC is THE DEFINING SONG of the Eagles & they would not be where they are today without it. NO WAY...

What about Lyin Eyes, Life in The Fast Lane, Take it to the Limit, All songs just as good as Hotel California.

My personal fave is Take It to the Limit.

You can play the "What If" game all you want, but one thing is certain: the Eagles could not continue with the tensions between Frey and Felder, and therefore, the exit of Felder in 2001 was necessary for the continuance of the band. If it's between the Eagles without Felder and no Eagles at all, I'll take the former choice.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    My personal fave is TITTL.

You can play the "What If" game all you want, but one thing is certain: the Eagles could not continue with the tensions between Frey and Felder, and therefore, the exit of Felder in 2001 was necessary for the continuance of the band. If it's between the Eagles without Felder and no Eagles at all, I'll take the former choice.
    it has to be whatever is best for the band..period...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Im sorry but I cannot agree with Hotel California being Overrated.
    agree totally!...

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    What about Lyin Eyes, Life in The Fast Lane, Take it to the Limit, All songs just as good as Hotel California.

Those are great songs indeed. But to compare, Hotel California is to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody what Lyin Eyes is to Queens crazy little thing called love.

HC and BR are Top Shelf Rock Classic MASTERPIECE....thats the word I was looking for Hotel California is a MASTERPIECE, which is different than being a Great Song like the other ones.

Red face Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

I'm just going to apologize for starting another argument. I didnt mean to. I'm sorry we all have our opinions but maybe I should've kept mine to myself as to not stir up feelings again, so sorry.