Page 229 of 273 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

tomorrow is teacher work day 3.5 hours. Posting grades, getting room inventoried for summer and all that jazz. WELL. All my stuff is done so I am taking my tablet --HOTE is on it

Stuck on the Border

There's a new review of the documentary in Forbes. The reviewer grew up on the same street as Glenn.
    I only knew him in passing, since he lived on the corner on the other side of the road that determined which elementary and junior high school we attended. While in high school, I was in boarding school instead of attending Dondero with Glenn. I went for rides once or twice in his car with a group of guys, and remember him exactly like he comes across in the documentary—a fun-loving guy with a sense of purpose and ambition.

Border Troubadour

Good to see an outsider [as in non-Eagles fan] with such a nice attitude towards him!

Cool! I love hearing little insights like that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that link, UTW. I enjoy reading stuff like that too. I love the neighbors description of Glenn as "a fun-loving guy with a sense of purpose and ambition" because I have always had a very similar impression of him. To me, this was a very honest and objective review.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

Ages since I watched the second part as I much prefer the length and stories of the first, so I can't recall if anything like this is said in the second, but one of my favourite bits of the whole thing is Henry Diltz's comment at the end of part one, about 'how wonderful that it even happens at all' - I found this a very honest, open and heartfelt comment about music in general, despite how badly it ended for the guys back then.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I watched part 2 last night, and I like that too, TLR, the way he says it. He's like a mystical shaman!!

Also, I noticed that you could take Timothy out of the Travis Tritt video and drop him into a Soundgarden or Alice in Chains or Pearl Jam video and he would fit right in - so cool. And, he looks about 27, nowhere near 47.

Also, I like in part 1 where John Boylan says he offered Glenn $250 per week, and Glenn agreed and then came back and asked, "Can I have some of that money right now?" So cute.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like that part the in the doc that tlr mentioned as well. But, just to set the record straight - that is Gary Burden that says it rather than Henry Diltz.

And MC - I always got a giggle out of Glenn asking for an advance on the $250 - shoot nowadays that's probably about the cost of a dinner entree for him.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I always got a giggle out of Glenn asking for an advance on the $250 - shoot nowadays that's probably about the cost of a dinner entree for him.
    Or an Eagles ticket!
    ~Sara

Border Troubadour

Just watching the second half now for the first time in a while. Love the part when Henley's discussing Geffen Records and the long pause and that little wry smile that breaks out as he says 'So he sued me for thirty million dollars'

Also, does anyone know what the city is that's panned on right at the start whilst OOTN plays?