Page 208 of 273 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheWire
    Much earlier in the thread there was a question about whether girls ever chased after the limos. I have an answer which comes from a book called "Roadwork" by Tom Wright. He took photos on The Long Run tour in 1980.
    The shows in Texas were huge, sellouts in giant indoor venues. I'd never seen so many beautiful women in one week. I thought the chick situation was outrageous with Rod and the Faces, but the Eagles had hordes of gorgeous women continually swarming them, even chasing the limos down the freeways holding up signs that read "Do Me" or "I'm the Best." It was bad-boy heaven. And in this case all the bad boys looked so sweet and were exceptionally handsome. Except Joe, of course, who looked like laugh-'til-you-choke trouble.
    Oh my freaking gosh!!!!

No wonder they got big heads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm really surprise they never did a Classic Album on HC. It's time for them to do one.

I love the Rumors Classic Album too.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The one they did on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was excellent.
    It is! Some of my other favorites are the ones for Bat Out Of Hell, Duke, and The Dark Side of the Moon.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

Yes! I totally agree. HC would be an amazing subject. I love this series. Love the Pink Floyd one and the one on The Band. Fascinating stuff!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Since I started watching HOTE on Showtime, they've been doing a lot of documentaries this year. They did one Bruce Springsteen, the Williams sisters, The Coswells family, Lawrence Taylor, and a few others. It looks like Showtime is starting something.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvRandy View Post
    I love the documentaries. The Cowsills one was really good. One was on PBS recently about The Hollies, great show too. Had forgotten now many great songs they had.
    Ooh- the Hollies? I need to see that one. Wonder if I can find on OnDemand. Thanks for the info.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quiet days, so I'm posting a link to a discussion of the documentary. I wouldn't normally link to another message board but in this case it's a board for sound professionals and it's neat to see comments from people who know what they're talking about. Two who are using their real names are Jeff Wexler who works with Cameron Crowe and Rich van Dyke who has worked on many films and tv shows (and a particular video which he mentions).
    http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/t...worth-a-watch/

Thanks - very interesting posts! It's true reading unbiased posts from legit insiders with established credibility offers many insights.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Thanks UTW!

Interesting read! I particularly found the comments very interesting. You can tell that the commenters were in the music business in some capacity from the way they expressed their thoughts about the doc . Very insightful to me, as they all showed respect for the Eagles in some capacity or another.,Even when a few of them said they didn't like their music. They also as a group, did not seem to be too shocked by some of the turmoil in the Band that was mentioned in the doc. It may be more common than, someone like me, who is not in the music business, could ever relate to.

I liked the comment that one of them made about Glenn Fry helping him get
    Jimmy Buffet tickets and backstage passes. It's nice to hear someone say something good about these guys. Those comments tended to re affirm the impression that I have of Glenn Fry as a person, that he has a really good sense of humor, appears to be self deprecating at times, but yet was so passionate and committed to the Band that he made some decisions that were not well regarded by many people. After watching this doc so many times now, I attribute some of his actions to youthful inexperience, naivete to a certain degree, in terms of yeah they were on tour all the time and traveled a lot- that is one lifestyle that appears pretty crazy but does it really round out your world when you are in your twenties, does it give you perspective on the big picture of things? I don't think so - and also the drug use that appears to have been pretty commonplace most likely altered some perception as well. Didn't mean to ramble on so much!
    Glenn does say in the doc that he wishes he handled some things differently, hindsight is always 20/20.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - As usual, it is a pretty quiet time on the board around this time each year, so thanks so much for linking to that, UTW. I agree that it was a very interesting and insightful read, and I'm glad I took the time to browse through those comments - it was well worth it to me.

I also agree with your observations, Kingston. I like to think, in spite of my advanced years, I have remained somewhat young at heart. But even still, I cringe at the notion that I think the same way I did when I was in my 20's!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016