Page 193 of 273 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Well, there's all sorts and types. The band has its manager, Irving Azoff, who's in charge of getting them gigs, making deals with record companies (or helping set up the Eagles' own record company), all that business jazz. He typically takes a percentile of their earnings.

The road manager is a more nuts-and-bolts job. He makes sure everything runs smoothly on the road - not only the hotels and transport, but the setup at the venue, making sure the backing band is where they're supposed to be and when, all the practical issues. He is typically paid a salary.

Now, sometimes you'll hear personal assistants referred to as personal managers, which is confusing, because the overall manager also sometimes call himself a "personal manager." What a personal assistant does is make sure everything goes smoothy for their particular guy - like making sure he has the kind of wine he likes, little stuff like that. They can just help with little things, or in the case of something like Stevie Nicks, they become her go-to girl for everything from shopping for groceries to sending emails on her behalf and loading her iPod for her so she doesn't have to learn how, lol. I've seen her assistant Karen scooping her dog's poop for her! It depends. I know Glenn, Don, and Joe all have personal assistants who travel with them. I'm not sure if Tim does. Personal assistants are also typically paid a salary.

If you're a small band just starting out, you don't have any personal assistants, you take care of your own stuff on the road, and the only one of the above you employ is a manager.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks, Soda. I think I had gotten myself confuse and word it wrong about personal manager and band manager. Irving is their manager like you said. Does the business side. I think I heard personal manager for band manager, but I think that had confuse me too.

I got it now. Thanks for the explanation.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randymeisnerrocks View Post
    I was born in ’68 to a music loving momma and a musician daddy, so I feel like I have always known the Eagles’ music. I guess I really started getting into them and other 70’s artists like James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac and Jim Croce when I was about 17 and trying to find a way to relate to my only sibling, my brother Pete. He was six years older than me and was way too cool to mess around with his kid sister, but we had common ground in our love of the music.

When the documentary came out, I was thrilled and I have probably watched it at least every other day since. It never gets old. I love that music and those guys. I only wish I could have seen them live back in the day, especially my boyfriend Randy Meisner.

Fast forward almost 30 years: My only brother died 4 years ago but I still ride the gravel roads with my windows down and listen to the music for the both of us.
    aw...that's touching...and exactly what Glenn was talking about...people do things to the Eagles and create memories
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Springbo View Post
    don't know how Randy can be your boyfriend, because he is my boyfriend.
    It's a good thing I love Randy so much or I would be SO mad at him. LOL
    Well, friend, I can honestly say you have excellent taste!

I'm watching the documentary on Showtime right now. I don't know if this was brought up in the thread, In the second part where Glenn talks about they all have families now. Who is the brunette that was talking to Don F and the blonde lady I'm guessing is Don F's first wife. I'm guessing its either Cindy or Sharon since they both are brunettes.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

The blonde on the left is Jean Schmit. Not sure about the brunette - someone else will have to chime in, I always assumed it was Susan Felder.

Oh ok. I had thought the blonde lady was Susan Felder because I saw a picture of her as a blonde.

Thought it was Cindy

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Thought it was Cindy
    I don't know who it was but I didn't think it was Cindy.

I thought from the 1st time I saw the doc that it was Cindy (with her back to the camera). It certainly looks like her to me.