Page 19 of 273 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    wow...really?...let me know!
    OK, checked it out, it's at 1:02 into Part 2. Not Sabres. Can't tell what it says, though, but it's not a Sabres insignia. Whew!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

First of all let me just say that I absolutely loved both parts and wish Part 2 would have been 2 hours instead of just 1 hour. There was lots more they could have added. I would have really liked to have seen more from the LROOE era to present.

Also, it was so great getting to FINALLY meet our fearless leader, Nancy! We had a wonderful time watching this together with my husband, B! We also enjoyed numerous glasses of pink champage (actually white zinfandel served the purpose!) and even toasted Part 2 with a couple of Tequila Sunrises! Thanks for coming Nancy! You are an amazing Eagles fan!

Welcome to steve e dee and Outlaw Man! So glad to have you here and hear your opinions and yes, we'd love to see your pics, OM! Good job hanging on to them in that situation!

The best part of all in part 2, for me, was watching them make Get Over It! How cool was that! It sure didn't look hard for them!

I'm amazed that Joe made it through rehab in one try too. I've read about David Crosby's, Chuck Negron's and Steven Tyler's numerous trips and to come out clean in one try is nothing short of amazing! And for the band to wait for him and believe that he would make it is also pretty cool. What if they had waited on him and he didn't complete it? We wouldn't be here talking about it now!

As for the Frey/Felder issue, all I can say is this is Frey's band. Evidently he and Felder never got along. Big personality clash! For years they tried to make it work. It seems to me that Frey took all he could take and when Felder continued to dig and pick he just blew up and that was it. He was the boss and it was his call. I'm sure he talked it over with Henley and possibly even Joe and Tim, but in the end it was his decision to make. I appreciate that he didn't try to make it all sweet and glossy in this and gave us the truth about how he felt. No, it wasn't pretty, but he didn't leave that out now did he? Yep, it still gives him fits just thinking about it all!

Enough of that, it's water under the bridge. Or is it?

I quote Outlaw Man: " If Felder had a brain, he would stop with the nonsense, end any lawsuits, maybe even reverse a couple in the past, and make an effort every 30-60 days until they crack and give it a try (which they will, because there’s money to be made, and people don’t go to see Steuart Smith…"

OMG, I had not thought of this! This is the only way I could ever see them possibly getting back together. Before this statement I didn't believe it could happen. Now, I'm not so sure! I guess time will tell!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Btw, I checked and on my Showtime channel they are showing it again today at 4, Tuesday evening and again next Saturday and Sunday evenings! Course, I recorded it, but there ya go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I’ll write more about my thoughts on the film a little later, but I just want to say that Felder’s firing is a controversial topic for sure and as we’ve said many times, people have a right to voice their opinions about it. However, as we always say here, everyone needs to keep in mind that if you state your opinion, others may challenge it so please be prepared for that. There is no reason that we can’t have a civil discussion if everyone keeps in mind that this is an emotionally charged topic when posting. But let’s all remember that none of us are privy to exactly how everything went down, and as has already been stated, there are three sides to every story. Just because you side with one party or the other doesn’t mean the other side is totally evil or wrong. Hey there were no angels here – this is rock and roll. Actually, relatively speaking, it's pretty tame rock and roll when you hear about things that went on in other bands.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    well said VA and Zelda....
    Somepeople around here (I am not naming names casue you guys know who you are) always feel they need to take it up for DF...He was no angel and neither were the others in the group...they all did things..
    I am so sorry that certain people have let this thread desisntagrate to "poor DF..yet again.
    when I check this thread , I wanna hear about the whole doc umentary not just that one iodia of history that they all share.
    can we get back to topic please and not just hightlight df's firing???
    You know what, "some people" around here can't admit that the great Glenn Frey has any faults...This isn't even about the DF incident, but of some of the other things Glenn said in the movie, words that came right out of his own mouth..Many, nothing to do with Felder...
    Anything said about Glenn, is shot down & passed off as defending DF...Well it's not all about that incident....It was about Bernie, & Randy & other things he said. You know I didn't hear Henley speak badly about anyone last night. He mostly spoke about himself, & his feelings. I can respect that & thought he was getting his points made without badmouthing others in the band.

Oh & can you send Timothy over to do my dishes? I also have a surprise for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    You know what, "some people" around here can't admit that the great Glenn Frey has any faults...
    Oh & can you send Timothy over to do my dishes? I also have a surprise for him!!
    He has plenty, they all do. I do. Nor do I expect perfection from any of them. For instance, if Timothy were really perfect, he'd be here doing MY dishes...
    VK

To those who wanted screenshots, sorry, it doesn't seem to be possible to watch Showtime on my laptop without paying a lot extra for DirecTV Everywhere or getting something they call a Nomad.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    He has plenty, they all do. I do. Nor do I expect perfection from any of them. For instance, if Timothy were really perfect, he'd be here doing MY dishes...
    VA, thank you... See we can still get a laugh over this. No need for us to have bad feelings for each other just because we disagree!
    Now, where's Tim?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Timothy is going to be a busy man with the gals on the Border.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Now speaking for myself, I loved both parts of the documentary, and thought it was a well done, honest look at a great rock and roll band. Although, like Brooke, I have some minor compIaints, especially that Part 2 could have easily been two hours. I also agree that the documentarians didn’t do real justice to the social and cultural impact that this band made. A casual viewer would probably not be left with the impression that this incarnation of the band has actually lasted longer than the first one, although I realize most of their impact was in the 70’s. There were numerous things that could have been expanded on in Part 2 and I felt it kind of ended with a whimper instead of a bang.

I can somewhat understand that some may have been taken aback by Glenn’s comments since this is the first time Glenn has said anything about Felder publicly. But I think it’s important to stress that when Glenn was talking about this, he was recapping the way the conversation with Felder went, not just making a commentary. Like Soda, I didn’t interpret his remarks as being bitter either. He came across to me as blunt and to the point, and, yeah, he used strong, foul language, but I think he is very comfortable with most of the decisions he has made since the resumption, including this one.

To me, he did, in fact, make the right decisions for the band, and after all, that what a good leader has to do. It is a shame that things didn’t work out better with Felder, but in the end, I’m not sure the band would have continued on if all of the conflict had not been resolved. I’ve personally been in a position where I’ve been forced to terminate folks and believe me, it’s not an admirable position to be in. But as harsh as it is, a leader has to do what’s best for the larger entity, not the individual. I think that for better or for worse, Glenn (and Don) always had the best interest of the band in mind. I also think it speaks volumes that all of the other band members seem to be supportive and comfortable with the decision as well. The band seems to be functioning much better now, so as a fan, if the band is happy, then I’m happy too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016