Page 184 of 273 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I have great admiration for Joe for what he accomplished by beating his addiction and maintaining his sobriety for all these years.

Exactly, but if it had not been for both Irving Azoff and Don Felder (who Joe has a tremendous amount of respect for), he wouldn't have went to rehab. At least, that is his comment in the documentary.

Until I saw the other DVD specials, I didn't even know Glenn also did the guitar solos. The videos I saw, he would be playing the acoustic guitar.

I remembered that part when they said Irving and Don Felder took him to rehab. I thought it was also Glenn. When Joe started talking about the people who drove him to rehab, I didn't know if he was still talking about Don F since he said Don, but the audience would had thought Don H since their were two Dons in the band. Heck I don't even know which Don was who for a while.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

We actually just had a few pages of discussion in this thread beginning on page 178 about Joe's rehab and his comments in the documentary. Here is the link where the discussion begins ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...=3767&page=178

I think Joe is very grateful to all of the band members for helping him through rehab. He has said more than once that the Eagles getting back together probably saved his life. He has a lot to be thankful for but, as we've said, he should also give himself a lot of the credit for turning his life around. Ultimately, it was up to him. You rock, Joe!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Sadler View Post
    ...another new Meisnette??
    RMR! Get thee over to the Meisner Mania thread and join our party!!
    Headed that way RIGHT NOW!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Until I saw the other DVD specials, I didn't even know Glenn also did the guitar solos. The videos I saw, he would be playing the acoustic guitar.

I remembered that part when they said Irving and Don Felder took him to rehab. I thought it was also Glenn. When Joe started talking about the people who drove him to rehab, I didn't know if he was still talking about Don F since he said Don, but the audience would had thought Don H since their were two Dons in the band. Heck I don't even know which Don was who for a while.
    Sorry for the confusion, but which videos are you referring to? Even now, Glenn does not play many electric guitar solos.

He deserves as much credit for helping Joe go to rehab as the others.

I guess he doesn't play that many solos. If he does play, I guess it's rhythm guitar when you do hear his guitar.

Doesn't he usually play lead rhythm on HC with Don F and now Stuewart?

I think I'm confusing myself. Sorry about that. But I do know he does be the main piano player for some songs.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I guess he doesn't play that many solos. If he does play, I guess it's rhythm guitar when you do hear his guitar.

Doesn't he usually play lead rhythm on HC with Don F and now Stuewart?

I think I'm confusing myself. Sorry about that. But I do know he does be the main piano player for some songs.
    He plays acoustic guitar on Hotel California. I don't know if that part counts as rhythm guitar because there are two lead guitar parts. I suppose it does.

I get the goosebumps everytime I hear Glenn playing a solo. The first time I saw 'Get Over It', I couldn't get over it (incredibly lame pun), and kept repeating those bits over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    I get the goosebumps everytime I hear Glenn playing a solo. The first time I saw 'Get Over It', I couldn't get over it (incredibly lame pun), and kept repeating those bits over and over.
    Songs that Glenn plays solos on: "Witchy Woman", "Take the Devil", "Earlybird", "Tryin'", "Out of Control", "Certain Kind of Fool", "Already Gone", "Midnight Flyer", "Is It True", the duelin outro with Felder on "Too Many Hands", "Try and Love Again", "I Can't Tell You Why", "King of Hollywood" (the first solo), and the intro and first solo on "Get Over It".

The synth solo on "Teenage Jail", and I think I read that he plays the solo on "On the Border". And apparently he's playing the beginning of the solo on "Train Leaves Here This Morning" on tour, though I'm not sure if he plays the same part on the record.

When I was watching a few concert clips online, I remembered Glenn playing the guitar solo on Witchy Woman. Also on Already Gone. One of the clips on this website, he's playing guitar solo on Smuggler's Blues.

I think I maybe getting his solos mixed up. I think most of the time he's the one that's playing the actually music (or is that called the progression) while Joe and/or Don F(and now Steuart) playing the solos.