Page 183 of 273 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

sv, I wondered about Glenn's piano skills too. If he only took lessons till he was 12, he sure did well picking it back up! Some people are just gifted like that, I guess. There are a few people I know that play 'by ear' and they can really play beautifully. Maybe, besides having some training, he has the 'by ear' gift too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I don't remembered if this was asked, but does anybody know what's the name of the video that's played with Life's Been Good. Is that the actually video or another music video put to the music of Life's Been Good because of the story they were telling. I can't find that video on YouTube.

Banned

For those who need one I came across a transcript of History of the Eagles @
    http://tvguide.lastown.com/bbc/previ.../episode-1.htm
    It is the usual format so you need to apply your previous viewings to associate who is being transcribed. I think I've found a few errors, but what the heck!
    Last edited by moonlight74; 10-30-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't remembered if this was asked, but does anybody know what's the name of the video that's played with Life's Been Good. Is that the actually video or another music video put to the music of Life's Been Good because of the story they were telling. I can't find that video on YouTube.
    I think you are referring to the video for Joe's I Can Play That Rock'n'Roll from You Bought It, You Name It.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1o0TJQLWU4[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

I love in the documentary in the beginning when Don says, "It's something that you can't do forever, you know? This is not a lifetime career that we can do, you know. So--" And Glen goes, "It's not." That was so funny.

I was thinking about that statement Don was saying and it has really been lifetime career for them. Even though they broke up for 14 years, they kept busy.

I have to say. I'm very impressed with Glenn's piano and guitar skills. I was watch the other DVD specials and he amazes me. I know he said in the documentary that he stopped playing the piano at 12 years old. I was wondering to myself was it hard to go back to playing the piano after years of stopping. I know he would be rusty, but it looks like it wasn't hard.
    He stopped learning it, which doesn't mean he stopped playing it altogether. He plays piano on all the Eagles albums & his solo albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    He stopped learning it, which doesn't mean he stopped playing it altogether. He plays piano on all the Eagles albums & his solo albums.
    Glenn did say in one of the After Hours promtional interviews that after he stopped taking lessons he didn't play again until he began playing with the Eagles. I remember this as I had wondered if he had continued to play after he quit the lessons.

Wow, that's an over ten-year gap. I took lessons when I was eight and all I can manage is "Heart and Soul", "The Entertainer", and "Greensleeves". Glenn has a gift!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow, that's an over ten-year gap. I took lessons when I was eight and all I can manage is "Heart and Soul", "The Entertainer", and "Greensleeves". Glenn has a gift!
    Wow, you can play Greensleeves!!??!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That is interesting. He didn't start back playing until he started the Eagles. Like Soda said. That's over a 10 year gap. He probably was rusty a little at the beginning. Thanks for that information. I was curious about that. I wonder why I thought of that just now. I guess because I was HFO today and I was amaze when he was playing the piano and you can actually hear him. Sometimes you can't hear the other piano player if there's more than one.

Thanks for the video, FP. That's an interesting song to go along with the video.I wonder why they didn't use the song with the video than Life's Been Good. So I guess there's not an official music video to Life's Been Good. One of those radio hits.

Stuck on the Border

That is interesting. He didn't start back playing until he started the Eagles. Like Soda said. That's over a 10 year gap. He probably was rusty a little at the beginning. Thanks for that information. I was curious about that. I wonder why I thought of that just now. I guess because I was HFO today and I was amaze when he was playing the piano and you can actually hear him. Sometimes you can't hear the other piano player if there's more than one.

Thanks for the video, FP. That's an interesting song to go along with the video.I wonder why they didn't use the song with the video than Life's Been Good. So I guess there's not an official music video to Life's Been Good. One of those radio hits.
    No, there was no video made for Life's Been Good.