Page 17 of 273 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

I Believe you're letting your preferedness for Felder cloud your judgment on Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    Glenn is the leader of the band...so it always seems that he's the one to be the one "with blood on his hands"....that's just part of being the leader...his job is to watch out for what's best for the group...not an easy or always pleasant job...that doesn't make him a bully...just sayin'
    Well, did you read, To the Limit or the Felder book? It was not for the sake of the band, much of it was personal & BS. He instigated the fights that were almost fist fights in many cases...Did you ever read about how he treated Randy? It wasn't all in the movie... Sorry, he was a bully!

I fail to see how Glenn is a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I Believe you're letting your preferedness for Felder cloud your judgment on Glenn.
    I don't think so. Things that happened with others & had nothing to do with Felder...This all goes way back.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Obviously, the movie changed no one's mind about anything, and I didn't expect it to. I've read all the same books and got completely different things out of them. I've read all the previous interviews and got a different interpretation. The difference between a good leader and a bully depends on which side you're on, and I'm not just talking the Eagles here.

I find it extremely disappointing that this thread has denigrated to this issue. There was a lot more to movie, both parts, than the one segment that has already been rehashed ad infinitum elsewhere on this board.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

[QUOTE=VAisForEagleLovers;212004]Obviously, the movie changed no one's mind about anything, and I didn't expect it to. I've read all the same books and got completely different things out of them. I've read all the previous interviews and got a different interpretation. The difference between a good leader and a bully depends on which side you're on, and I'm not just talking the Eagles here.

I find it extremely disappointing that this thread has denigrated to this issue. There was a lot more to movie, both parts, than the one segment that has already been rehashed ad infinitum elsewhere on this board.[/QUOTE(

what you say is very true VA(in most cases)

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Obviously, the movie changed no one's mind about anything, and I didn't expect it to. I've read all the same books and got completely different things out of them. I've read all the previous interviews and got a different interpretation. The difference between a good leader and a bully depends on which side you're on, and I'm not just talking the Eagles here.

I find it extremely disappointing that this thread has denigrated to this issue. There was a lot more to movie, both parts, than the one segment that has already been rehashed ad infinitum elsewhere on this board.
    well said VA and Zelda....
    Somepeople around here (I am not naming names casue you guys know who you are) always feel they need to take it up for DF...He was no angel and neither were the others in the group...they all did things..
    I am so sorry that certain people have let this thread desisntagrate to "poor DF..yet again.
    when I check this thread , I wanna hear about the whole doc umentary not just that one iodia of history that they all share.
    can we get back to topic please and not just hightlight df's firing???

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HaHa Zelda, I like that qualifier! Hey, speaking of you, hockey, and the DVD, I swear I saw a Sabres hat on Glenn's head during Part 2. I'm going to rewatch it after this game is over. I seriously hope my eyes deceived me.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I was under the impression that the Travis Tritt video was the first time they had gotten together...didn't realize that the guys had tried to get together in 1990 but Glenn wasn't willing...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    HaHa Zelda, I like that qualifier! Hey, speaking of you, hockey, and the DVD, I swear I saw a Sabres hat on Glenn's head during Part 2. I'm going to rewatch it after this game is over. I seriously hope my eyes deceived me.
    wow...really?...let me know!