Page 169 of 273 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Hey MK11, I think I might try that. Like you I get mesmerized by our guys' good looks & probably miss a lot!
    That's exactly it! I get so focused on what I'm seeing that what I should be hearing goes right past me!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm with both of you, HB and mk. That's exactly why multiple viewings of Eagles DVDs and live shows is required for me!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Use Handbrake. If you can hook your phone into your computer and copy files to it, you can use Handbrake to take the DVD and put it into mobile-friendly files. That's how I do it on my Mac to put things on my iPad. But the software is also on PC.
    Handbrake isn't bad, I've used it before and works pretty well. If you want to "fine tune" the video for mobile devices, try "AppGeeker". I switch to use it after recommended by Lifehacker. It is pretty good.

See: http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip...o-mp4-mac.html

It defeats the DVD encryption and will convert to any format/ device you require.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mustangkim11 View Post
    I uploaded the Eagles doc into my iPod and listened to most of it at work today. (We're really not supposed to be 'watching' movies/TV/etc at work, so I had to keep my iPod covered so I wouldn't get in trouble.)

It's really amazing what I could pick up when I'm not watching but listening. I caught things I missed the first two viewings. I think that when I'm watching, I tend to put more energy towards what I'm seeing as compared to what I'm hearing and when I'm listening and not seeing, I tend to pick up different things.

One thing that stuck out today after listening to it, is how great all the band's music sounded, whether it be a live cut or just studio stuff. I heard a rich full sound that I might not have noticed when I was watching.

I also snickered when Glenn was discussing the '3E-3rd Encore' thing. He kept mentioning 'Spread Eagle'. Let's just say I had a couple of chuckles about that.

Anyway, I will be listening to the concert part of the doc tomorrow. I decided to save it for then.
    same here! I am so distracted by the visuals!
    with each viewing I notice something I missed the previous viewings!

but I DID pick up on that "spread eagle" stuff hehe...I brought it up on the Border somewhere..don't remember where. but yes hehe
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I think the concert part is the BEST part of the entire doc.
    I think most of the stuff in the doc was already known by a lot of the fans. I did learn a few new things about them, but really not that much & some of the interviews were interesting...but the concert is really a treat! Loved it!

I agree TK. I mean, I liked the documentary a lot. While it's true we knew most of that stuff, seeing the video behind it and seeing footage (other than the concert) was nice, but the concert DVD is one of the best things I've seen in a LOOONG time.

Stuck on the Border

I am the opposite. I finally watched the concert and I enjoyed it, but the documentary was far more preferable to me, except for Part 2 being too rushed. The concert didn't show me anything I hadn't already seen in bootlegs.

Border Troubadour

Before I get started, I have to say I will generally defend Don H. and Glen through anything because I believe them two and them two only are the Eagles, the backbone, the continuity, the very core of the band. However, whilst I think Henley came across quite well, I don't think Frey did. It's been known since the 1970s that neither are particularly nice blokes when it comes to the Eagles and hierarchy, control etc, but Glenn I don't think did himself any favours. Of course it was a platform to be honest and open but I think Henley came across as a much warmer, nicer person. He's still a legend and all, but Frey didn't do much to disprove what haters have said for decades.

Further, even though it was all at the control of the producer, it did seem very Walsh-Frey-Henley heavy. Meisner, always a quiet bloke granted, Leadon, TBS and even Felder seemed to be almost in the background of the documentary despite them being as much members as the Joe, Don H and Glenn are.

Felder again I don't think came across greatly. The way he got up and visibly left the interview when the firing came up I thought was really unprofessional. Obviously it must hurt / anger him but he had the chance then and there to tell the whole world what he really thought. I think he's the most talented musician (note - not lyricist) the Eagles have ever had and I do think he was hard done by but for God's sake man this was your chance to show the world what happened and you just mooched off instead.

As for the concert footage, t'was decent, when the Eagles were at their very prime - I don't think even today they are better in concert than they were up until the Long Run, I just would have liked more than 8 songs and 45 minutes!

I'm home tonight. Sipping some rebel yell
    Guess what I'm watching?
    This must be my 30th time
    Getting prepared for my first eagles show on Thursday! Woo hoo!
    Having the setlist on my iPod as a playlist has helped increase my anticipation too!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Getting excited for you, desperado!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.