Page 134 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I'm sorry but Houston Debutante was right in her post. Why get your panties all in a twist when none of us were there when things went down?

Sometimes I think it's better to just keep to yourself as I've learned over time when it comes to touchy subjects like this. I let my thoughts on the doc known when it aired on Showtime. Everyone will always be in defense of their favorite (and there is nothing wrong with that at all) and I doubt we will change each other's views on it but rather just argue and be (potentially) hurtful or rude. Discussions are great but when it comes to being so heated and sided and you vs me or us vs them it's really not worth it. JMO.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Very well said, Austin!!

Now...where can I find that 1981 article, Springbo??

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I started the "Glenn dissing Timothy" topic, but for the record, I am not remotely a Glenn Frey-hater. First of all, I don't know him. Second of all, I like the way he sings in the Eagles. Third, I thought he was very entertaining in the documentary. He is bombastic - he is sarcastic, aggressive, snarky, has a flair for the dramatic, does impressions, and is funny. I made the observation based on the fact that in the very short amount of time allotted to Tim in Part I, it was unfortunate that Glenn accused him of being strung out on cocaine, not making any money, and touring 40 weeks a year for 11 years. I don't think Glenn was trying to build himself up. It was just a very backhanded compliment. To be fair, these comments may have been just a small part of a much longer, complimentary discussion about Timothy that was cut out of the final version, who knows? And frankly, I thought the topic led to some quite interesting discussions about musician union wages, Poco, etc..., which is sort of the point of this fan site. Because I'm new here, I don't want to get the reputation for being on any band member's "team". That's just plain silliness!

I always tell people FORUMS are for debating. If people are going to keep things to themselves then whats the point? I cant believe people would get offended or mad if someone "talked bad" about a Rock star they dont even know in person.

My wife learned her lesson a few years ago. We were both Chris Issac fans having seen him a few times (we even got showtime one time just for his weekly show). One day he played beacon Theatre in NYC and my wife was there early, had time to kill so went by the entrance door. Nobody was there except her. The band bus arrived and the band came out...all of them stopped took pics with her and talked to her. Then Chris Issac came out the bus and said No to her request for photo and walked right by her. Needless to say she couldnt wait for the show to be over and Chris Issac is a forbidden name in this house now becaise of that. Especially becaise during the show he went on to say something about how one of his Idols was so cool when he met him one day, taking time to talk to him...yet he blew her off.

So before you freak out about comments about Don Glen or whomever, remember you dont know them and chances are they could care less about you. So relax, lets have fun and debate without talking it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think it was Joe Walsh, not Felder who replaced Bernie... Felder was already in the band,
    Doh.....Brain fart. I know. I had felder on the brain while typing.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I always tell people FORUMS are for debating. If people are going to keep things to themselves then whats the point? I cant believe people would get offended or mad if someone "talked bad" about a Rock star they dont even know in person.

My wife learned her lesson a few years ago. We were both Chris Issac fans having seen him a few times (we even got showtime one time just for his weekly show). One day he played beacon Theatre in NYC and my wife was there early, had time to kill so went by the entrance door. Nobody was there except her. The band bus arrived and the band came out...all of them stopped took pics with her and talked to her. Then Chris Issac came out the bus and said No to her request for photo and walked right by her. Needless to say she couldnt wait for the show to be over and Chris Issac is a forbidden name in this house now becaise of that. Especially becaise during the show he went on to say something about how one of his Idols was so cool when he met him one day, taking time to talk to him...yet he blew her off.

So before you freak out about comments about Don Glen or whomever, remember you dont know them and chances are they could care less about you. So relax, lets have fun and debate without talking it personally.
    Great post I never put anybody up on a pedestal...never. No matter how much I dig they're music.

Mick

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OLM - I was on the debate team during my school years, so I'm always up for a fair, rational, and spirited debate. However, this thread crossed the line and rules of what a fair debate is, which is why both I, as moderator of this forum, and the board administrator stepped in here. Fair debate has boundaries and they do not include insults, offensive behavior, piling on, flaming, trolling, or misinformation. So when folks cross the line, we have our Terms of Service and Netiquette Guidelines to help us maintain a fun, friendly, and informative community here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I cant believe people would get offended or mad if someone "talked bad" about a Rock star they dont even know in person.
    Believe it.

Several here have met members of the band, and I don't mean they got an autograph or a picture. I mean have spoken to them at length and more than once.

I'm not directing this to you, OMNJ, but if you personally attack someone, there's no other way to take that other than personally. If I'm told my opinion is invalid merely because I like all seven guys but have one that I like more, then that's not fun or relaxing. If it's implied that I 'spin' things (spin is a polite way of saying 'twisting the truth' which is polite way of saying 'lying' or 'shading') then that's not fun or relaxing. Yes, you did say that, others have implied it, so please don't think I'm picking on you.

The comment you made 'chances are they could care less about you' is not accurate. I happen to know better.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think it was Joe Walsh, not Felder who replaced Bernie... Felder was already in the band,
    Yeah, I remember Glenn was saying something like "The vocals will be worse, but, man are we going to rock."

I was thinking: Hey now, why are you picking on Joe's vocals?!
    Last edited by Turf; 05-17-2013 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Fixed my annoying tendency to omit words...