Page 133 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    Poor Randy, sounds like he might have been happier in another career. It was just a matter of time before he cracked.
    I think that he probably liked being a musician, but he likely wasn't comfortable with the large crowds & all the exposure that came with being in the extremely successful band that the Eagles had become by the time he left. I can certainly relate to the pain that being shy brings.

Me too,GL. Believe it or not (for those of you who know me ), I was very shy as a child, so much so that I hid behind my Mom and didn't even want to talk to my grandparents, aunts or uncles. I only came out of it when I got my first job at the age of 16. Being a musician probably helped bring Randy out of his shell, but maybe being in the Eagles was too much for him. It's funny though, after the Eagles he did solo shows and sang TITTL, didn't he?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    It never even occurred to me that anyone would get their panties in a wad over such a statement ~ Don and Glenn were poor before hitting it big and it sounded like he was defending Tim to Irving and sympathizing with Tim's situation. It's not like he called Tim a loser or something, he had just finished complimenting him. The implication was that Tim had a right to be frustrated because he deserved more. Let's put it this way: I don't know about you, but I've seen people truly be 'MEAN & NASTY' and it doesn't look like that.

Lets put it this way...put ypurself in the Timmy roll...and you boss in the Glenn roll...now your boss says on National TV...."Oh little ole Hosuton Debutate wasn't making jack over there at the other job...she was barely scraping by...and boozing up (I think glenn mentions something like that)...so we saved her and give her a nice big check here".

Just doesnt sit well. It amazes me here that no matter what Glenn says, his fans will spin and defend him no matter what.

Dont know if this came up yet, but one part I kind of cringed in the film is when Glenn and Don run into the limo after the DC show early in the film...is it me or does every word that comes out of Glenns mouth as he enters and sits in the limo seem exagerated for show?

First hes huffing and puffing looking out the back window trying to make it seem like he was being chased (like if he was a Beatle)....then he tells the driver "lock the doors"...and then he says in a John Wayne voice"You never know what these kids will do".....it just seemed so forced and for show. Henly saved the scene with "Shit don't float". Its like I can tell when Frey is "reading a line" and acting. Just like when he says "Well why don't we start from the begining" which to me seemed like a scripted moment and not said naturally during the interview.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I cringed myself, but at the risk of being pegged as a 'Glenn fan' and again unworthy of having an opinion (I'll address that after this), he did have a camera in front of him. Not a stupid little phone, not a little SLR camera, not even a handheld digital camera, not even a home super 8 recorder. A real movie camera. Few people would have been as 'normal' as he was, let alone someone in their 20's and high as a kite after playing to a crowd of 19,000+ fans all screaming their adoration at him.

As has been said here several times, we 'Glenn fans' are Eagles fans, and most of us are Eagles fans first. As I told someone else earlier, I realize our guys are big boys and can take care of themselves. That being said, anyone flames them or attacks them personally, ANY OF THEM, this Mama Bear will come out of her den. I'm sure HD will mention it herself, but she's not a 'Glenn-fan'.

I still don't see his statements as anything negative. I can see where a bit more tact could have been used. He wasn't trying to tear Timothy down, in fact he was indignant on Timothy's behalf at the lack of appreciation Poco and perhaps even their fans had for Timothy. At no time has Glenn ever had but the nicest things to say about Timothy. Ever. If anyone out there really thinks his intent was to tear Timothy down in order to build himself up, well then I'd have to say that no matter what Glenn says, the Glenn-haters will spin and hate on him no matter what, which makes their opinions as worthless as mine.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well – I want to say that I am a fan of all of the Eagles as well, and I can assure you that I have and will continue to vehemently defend any of them if I believe that they are being unfairly portrayed or if there is misleading or untrue information being written here on this board. And I don’t think I’m in the minority here. When a member of this band is repeatedly attacked, it is natural for his fans to come to his defense. Besides, there's really nothing new here - it seems like some folk just want to rehash the same old stuff over and over. Kinda feels like flaming to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Again, we're all Eagles fans, or why else would we be here? There should be no "us against them" attitude. It's unnecessary and destructive.
    And might I also add it’s inflammatory, insulting, and offensive to repeatedly have a group of fans of any of the band members being insulted here. As you said, Soda, this kind of divisive attitude only serves to create “enemies that really don’t exist” as Mr. Henley once said and sets an unnecessary negative tone here, when most of us are here just to enjoy and discuss the band.

As we always say, people are entitled to express their opinion here. However, when you offend a group of fans or repeatedly bash the band or one of the members, you cross the lines of civility and respectability. Here’s what the Netiquette Guidelines have to say about this …

8. Be respectful of the band and individual band members. Since this is a message board for fans, you will not get a lot of sympathy here if you post solely for the purpose of trashing the band or one of its members. We are by no means saying that you can't criticize the band or any of the individual band members. Sometimes they are worthy of criticism. But again, follow the basic rules of common courtesy and respect when doing so. For example, even if you don't like a particular band (or former or supporting) member, be respectful of the band member and his fans when stating your opinion. Conversely, if you happen to love only one of the guys, be aware that not everyone may share your view. For those who join up simply to say that they hate the Eagles... go spend your time more productively elsewhere.

I hope that future posters will heed the recommendation of the board administator and treat other members of this community with the common courtesy and respect that we all deserve.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
    Glenn Had me giggling when he said.....Felder for L eadon, lol Almost super villain like, lol. Just so you know, nothing against him at all. I could not care less what he did....he was in the freakin' Eagles.

Still it made me laugh.

Mick
    I think it was Joe Walsh, not Felder who replaced Bernie... Felder was already in the band,

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think it was Joe Walsh, not Felder who replaced Bernie... Felder was already in the band,
    Good catch!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Why is everyone always resaying what others have said!? Can't we just shut up and let it go!? We've all agreed that there are things they could've done better but they were really only "kids" back then. NONE of them were saints as we have all agreed, so it surprises me how Glenn gets ALL the blame ALL the time. Just let it go and stop making a big deal of it.

Because some people just gotta get their digs in.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten