Page 13 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Hey we already knew how bad it was! I was glad to hear the honesty. It was how it was.

A bit too much of the f word tho.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    He's the Hugh McDonald of the Eagles !!
    Hugh never became a Bon Jovi member?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Given that Felder quotes Glenn as saying those words, I can hardly be surprised or disappointed by it. He was saying that he thought Felder was 'cheap' and that it didn't surprise him that Felder would not smash an expensive guitar.
    I guess my problem is that I take this a little personally. Even in the midst of mind-numbing temper where it feels like someone else is taking over (fortunately it hasn't happened in a long time) at some deep level I was always with it enough to chose to destroy something that was either meaningless or cheap. The fact that my father's second wife still lives is proof. In my opinion, when there are options, only a complete moron would destroy something expensive when something cheaper is right next to it and just as easy to grab, and I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a moron.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Perhaps you should listen to his Road To Forever album. Surely you have heard Visions?

The answer is that in my opinion he does not have an effective singing voice. He can sing in tune, but he cannot 'sell' the song. Perhaps he is better singing live, where you can see what he is doing.
    Ironically, my friends who were here tonight were wondering about his new album, so I played it. Of course from computer speakers it sounded flat, but they had the same opinion as me. Not Don, not Glenn, but a lot better than a lot of the crap being put out there and called music these days.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Nobody is slamming him but I knew you'd think we were. Just stating what my husband's impression was when he saw that portion. And I have to agree, Glenn came off as very bitter and irate about it all. When you see it, I would like to see what you think.
    The friends I had here watching with me tonight were both nodding in agreement with what Glenn and Don had to say about Felder's firing. I mean, they were both shocked at some things that were said, but Glenn's assertion that he and Don had been keeping the name out there for 14 years rang true with them. They didn't say, but they seemed to think that while it could have been handled better or differently, Felder had zero reason to think he should make as much money as Don and Glenn. It was interesting to watch the movie with people how aren't the kind of people who hang out in fan forums all day! They were astonished at Glenn's forthright discussion of it, but basically agreed with the overall decision.
    VK

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    The friends I had here watching with me tonight were both nodding in agreement with what Glenn and Don had to say about Felder's firing. I mean, they were both shocked at some things that were said, but Glenn's assertion that he and Don had been keeping the name out there for 14 years rang true with them. They didn't say, but they seemed to think that while it could have been handled better or differently, Felder had zero reason to think he should make as much money as Don and Glenn. It was interesting to watch the movie with people how aren't the kind of people who hang out in fan forums all day! They were astonished at Glenn's forthright discussion of it, but basically agreed with the overall decision.
    I agree that Glenn and Don definitely kept the name out there. No doubt about that from anyone I'd think. But I do also agree when they stated that as they were ending in 1980, Classic Rock stations were keeping their music alive also.

I keep going back to the fact that Felder must of been thinking that since the agreement was everyone is equal from way back that he just assumed that it would be that way when they reunited? I don't know. Just trying to give him the benefit of a doubt I guess.

What shocked me more than anything, I guess, is just the way Glenn talked about it. Glad he was honest and I expected him to be but he just seemed so hostile still to this day and the whole talking to his representative and telling them to sign on or else... WOW! I respect Glenn for saying it the way he felt but I just wasn't expecting it to be so in your face. KWIM.

And like I told someone earlier... had someone told me that there would be that kind of talk on tonight's part, I would of thought it was from Don H so I guess it surprised me even more that it was Glenn. Best way to describe it, I guess, was I was a bit disillusioned by the way he came across. Does that make sense?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I agree that Glenn and Don definitely kept the name out there. No doubt about that from anyone I'd think. But I do also agree when they stated that as they were ending in 1980, Classic Rock stations were keeping their music alive also.

I keep going back to the fact that Felder must of been thinking that since the agreement was everyone is equal from way back that he just assumed that it would be that way when they reunited? I don't know. Just trying to give him the benefit of a doubt I guess.

What shocked me more than anything, I guess, is just the way Glenn talked about it. Glad he was honest and I expected him to be but he just seemed so hostile still to this day and the whole talking to his representative and telling them to sign on or else... WOW! I respect Glenn for saying it the way he felt but I just wasn't expecting it to be so in your face. KWIM.

And like I told someone earlier... had someone told me that there would be that kind of talk on tonight's part, I would of thought it was from Don H so I guess it surprised me even more that it was Glenn. Best way to describe it, I guess, was I was a bit disillusioned by the way he came across. Does that make sense?

Glenn is the band leader, not Don. He made the decision. It was always going to be Glenn who talked about it in this way.

I appreciate your explaining in more detail how you feel about it.

if the hostility was in a clip from long ago it wouldn't have been surprised to see it, but yeah..this was just done last year...Glenn obviously hasn't gotten over it!

TBF...gotta love your new av and sig!!!

We don't know how Glenn may have worked up to 'in your face', he may have started out more softly and it was edited out. Remember, Ellwood and Gibney are director/producer and looking for the most impact. It seems to get Glenn's blood close to boiling every time he has to think about it. I wish I could say I could have done it better, but there are a few things in my life that would cause the same reaction from me, or worse. I know there are those here who feel that Felder was wronged when fired, and I obviously don't. I think his firing could have been handled in a more mature manner, but that's about it, and why I feel that way is in another thread. I just know that as a fan of the Eagles and of Don and especially Glenn, it was like swallowing acid every time I had to read the words 'the gods' in the book. If that was my reaction, I can't even imagine how Don and Glenn (and their families) felt about it. If that had ever happened to me, my blood pressure would have exploded off the charts, and I'd be dead now.

As for Glenn being harsh instead of Don, well, it would be difficult for Don to talk about it if he won't even say Felder's name... I do wonder if he refused to talk about it, or if the director just decided to not include it. I guess Henley talked about the VOL issue the most harshly and it was just Glenn's turn.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

well oh well Ican hardly wait for the dvd to come out