Page 12 of 273 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Nobody is slamming him but I knew you'd think we were. Just stating what my husband's impression was when he saw that portion. And I have to agree, Glenn came off as very bitter and irate about it all. When you see it, I would like to see what you think.

And sorry if I misunderstood what you meant about Felder and the cheap guitar remark. I thought we were talking about what was said in the actual documentary.
    What was said in the documentary was simply repeating what was actually said, which I already knew about from the book.

You need to read Felder's book & then you will know what 'bitter & irate' is. There were two people in the argument.

I honestly don't want to sound as if I instantly have to rush to Glenn's defence when I obviously haven't seen it. But he isn't perfect. He is human & he had/has as much right to be angry about what happened as anybody else did. As I said, I prefer honesty to sugar coating.

Wow.... I came away extremely disappointed and think a lot less of a particular member... I'll talk more when I can think with a clear head.

loved hearing Steuart talk...never seen or heard any interviews with him before...it's an odd relationship he has with them...I think of him as one of the guys but he's really not...and I guess he's ok with it...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Some glaring omissions: Henley's 1980 scandal (guess some things were off-limits even though much has been made about the guys being "hands off"), the Party of Two tour (the doc made it sound like Joe was completely isolated from them until HFO), Glenn's diverticulitis, and the lawsuit.
    I remember the diverticulitis well, as it postponed the show I was going to for 6 months. I was surprised by Glenn's candor, especially about the demand that he and Don make more money than the others, and his feelings about Felder. For his part, Felder seemed to genuinely miss the camaraderie of the group, and broke down while saying as much. I really was happy about part 2, mainly because I remember my excitement when they got back together, and being able to witness that in person. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    So do I understand that Glenn does not talk about the firing process at all, just the new contractual arrangements?
    That's correct.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    loved hearing Steuart talk...never seen or heard any interviews with him before...it's an odd relationship he has with them...I think of him as one of the guys but he's really not...and I guess he's ok with it...

He's the Hugh McDonald of the Eagles !!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    What was said in the documentary was simply repeating what was actually said, which I already knew about from the book.
    What was said in thr documentary is not only what was said in the book because Glenn, Don and everyone else didn't speak in the book. Glenn himself said some pretty harsh things in the documentary. That's all I'm saying and you will see that yourself when you see the doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    You need to read Felder's book & then you will know what 'bitter & irate' is. There were two people in the argument.
    I know what 'bitter & irate are without reading this book BUT I am considering on reading it eventually just to see Felder's point of view now that I've heard Glenn & Don & Irving's points. When I have the time, I might give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I honestly don't want to sound as if I instantly have to rush to Glenn's defence when I obviously haven't seen it. But he isn't perfect. He is human & he had/has as much right to be angry about what happened as anybody else did. As I said, I prefer honesty to sugar coating.
    No one said he doesn't have as much right to be angy!!!! I'm not blaming him. I'm not saying he was wrong. I'm not saying Felder was right. Etc.. etc.... etc.... I'm simply saying that after I have watched this documentary, he came across very harsh when it came to this. That's all! I agree I'd rather have the honesty. That's why I like hearing it in their own words.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    He's the Hugh McDonald of the Eagles !!
    yeah...I guess so!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Wow.... I came away extremely disappointed and think a lot less of a particular member... I'll talk more when I can think with a clear head.
    I can relate. Very disappointed... Can't even believe that came out of his mouth.

Why are you so shocked and disappointed? We all knew he was the one who insisted on more money. That is not a revelation. At least he had the balls to be straight up about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten