Page 110 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default 1977 concert discussion

we got our package last night. Promptly went home and watched the concert. I thought it was amazing. I wish I had been older during that time, I would have loved to see Randy in concert.

I know it has been said that Randy was worried about hitting the high notes on TITTL but he did a fine job and seemed to really be happy when he was singing it. He ALSO hit some very high notes on OOTN.

I LOVE BOML They are all fine. They sound so good

When they start RMY they really amp it up! I bet it rocked very hard. You could just feel how elevated it got.

AFter watching Hell Freezes over and their Farewell 1 concerts tho, it felt like there was only half the concert. I could have watched tons more.

Randy was great and if I had been more aware back then (I was 12) woudl have been my favorite. Since he is not there now, Timothy B is my favorite and it was weird to not see him in the line-up.

Default Re: 1977 concert discussion

Thanks for starting this thread, SC. I put my thoughts about the concert in the DVD thread, as others did. I think it's a good idea to separate them. Maybe a moderator can switch things around for us.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

oh, I didn't even think about the other tread. Please forgive me if I created a needless thread.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think it works to have them separate, but Soda will need to do a merge if she thinks it's the right thing to do.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I try to arrange music in my head and after they finish playing Take it Easy it would be so easy to just morph into Witchy Woman. I kept waiting for it, but they didn't play it. Does the fact that Bernie helped write it explain why they don't do that one much?

Out on the Border

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Hi there,

I'm desperately trying to find the 3 disc Blu-Ray release on the UK, but it doesn't seem to be out. Does anyone know if it being released soon?

If not, has anyone slipped the US Blu-Ray discs into their computer to check the region encoding. If it's region free, I'd gladly import!

I'm desperate to get this, so any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I try to arrange music in my head and after they finish playing Take it Easy it would be so easy to just morph into Witchy Woman. I kept waiting for it, but they didn't play it. Does the fact that Bernie helped write it explain why they don't do that one much?
    My personal opinion is that it has nothing to do with Bernie. In the same, nearly-unchanged setlist they've had for over two years, they've been including it. I have no idea what logic they apply to what they play/don't play.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Just watch the documentary and bonus concert footage for the first time. Generally I was very pleased with it

Some of my first impressions:

The documentary is definitely Glenn and Don centred (intentional or not). However I see no problem with this as Don and Glenn are the foundation of the Eagles so it's only natural they'd be focused on.

I have a new found respect for Joe as a person. Hearing of and watching him struggle with addiction and sobriety and all the fear and uncertainty that entails was heart wrenching. Yet the results IMO are a very humble well rounded individual who's had some hard life lessons but has come out better for it.

I liked how Bernie presented himself also, very much at peace with his decisions but willing to reflect on past actions that he could've done differently. A very mature attitude indeed.

I had no issue with either Don or Glenn presentation of themselves. It is as we've known them to be IMO. Don's is a guarded but opinionated attitude while Glenn is that of a strong leader; who can be kind but you wouldn't wish to cross him.

Part 2 I enjoyed but it seemed to have an unusual pacing that I found a bit unsettling. 20 minutes for Glenn/Don solo work, 20 minutes for HFO ( I included Joe's rehab in here) and 20 minutes for 1997 to present. The last section seemed very rushed. Covering the hall of fame, Felder firing, Sept 11- Hole in the World, Long road out of Eden etc. is a lot to fit into 20 minutes so it was not really explored the way the earlier two sections were.

I'm sure I'll have more comments once I watch it again

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Just watch the documentary and bonus concert footage for the first time. Generally I was very pleased with it

Some of my first impressions:

The documentary is definitely Glenn and Don centred (intentional or not). However I see no problem with this as Don and Glenn are the foundation of the Eagles so it's only natural they'd be focused on.

I have a new found respect for Joe as a person. Hearing of and watching him struggle with addiction and sobriety and all the fear and uncertainty that entails was heart wrenching. Yet the results IMO are a very humble well rounded individual who's had some hard life lessons but has come out better for it.

I liked how Bernie presented himself also, very much at peace with his decisions but willing to reflect on past actions that he could've done differently. A very mature attitude indeed.

I had no issue with either Don or Glenn presentation of themselves. It is as we've known them to be IMO. Don's is a guarded but opinionated attitude while Glenn is that of a strong leader; who can be kind but you wouldn't wish to cross him.

Part 2 I enjoyed but it seemed to have an unusual pacing that I found a bit unsettling. 20 minutes for Glenn/Don solo work, 20 minutes for HFO ( I included Joe's rehab in here) and 20 minutes for 1997 to present. The last section seemed very rushed. Covering the hall of fame, Felder firing, Sept 11- Hole in the World, Long road out of Eden etc. is a lot to fit into 20 minutes so it was not really explored the way the earlier two sections were.

I'm sure I'll have more comments once I watch it again

I agree, I wish they had taken more time. I would have loved the 2nd part to be as long as the first part. Its not like it was in a theater. Of course, I wish also there had been more recording studio pieces too. I loved watching their creative side.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by robert32 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm desperately trying to find the 3 disc Blu-Ray release on the UK, but it doesn't seem to be out. Does anyone know if it being released soon?

If not, has anyone slipped the US Blu-Ray discs into their computer to check the region encoding. If it's region free, I'd gladly import!

I'm desperate to get this, so any help would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob.
    There's no such beast in the UK. DVD only.