Page 109 of 273 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Just finished part one - I'm going to let it sink in before commenting too much. Having never read a book about the Eagles I found it very informative and as complete as I needed it to be. We have said here on the board that we wished Glenn or Don would write a book. For me this was better than that. This was all of them telling their part of the story, and I found it very poignant. Near the end, when they all were describing the break up, I thought to myself, "This could have so easily been the end...it's a miracle they reunited."

But...that's another story...

Part two tomorrow night!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I did the exact samething as you PM!!!! I love that documentary and it is so incredible that they did get back together. This was the reason why I got back into loving the Eagles. I adore this band and all of their band members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Honestly, there's no point in arguing about the plastic surgery topic since no one knows for sure...all we have is our "opinions" so ...take it easy

I never said it was fact...I just said that I read it somewhere and everyone looks (and sounds) great anyway...so nothing else matters!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I watched History of the Eagles Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in snippets over a period of time. Just gotta say, i loved it. One of the best documentaries ever and even better than my favorite documentary, Endless Harmony. I loved that it feature interviews with all the guys and it didnt white wash anything. The only thing that it needed more of were new interviews with Randy Meisner. I feel lie he was sort of short changed in that area. I cant wait to watch it again.

Have you noticed all the ads for the DVD all over YouTube???...on playing videos & on the side as well...YouTube/ Don's favorite place lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I don't think Glenn, Don or Tim have had any work done. I think Joe and Don F have.

I really don't care and think they all look great.

I absolutely loved Glenn's voice on all his songs. Well, they all sounded amazing. Wish the concert dvd would have been longer.

Anybody have any thoughts on what prompted Don to get a perm back in the day? It was a great idea cause he looked great with it!
    I agree that I don't think Don, Tim or Glenn have had plastic surgery,they are all showing their age... but I do think that Joe may have. I do think that Joe has a new full set of veneers which has added a lot to him looking so good.

As for Don's perm??? NO, I don't like it at all. I think his natural hair is so much nicer & I think if he grew it longer in the 70's it would have been gorgeous on him....He went for that Afro along with the beard, which I don't like on him either...I am not a beard or stash fan...I mean when you have a gorgeous face....Why HIDE IT???

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Have you noticed all the ads for the DVD all over YouTube???...on playing videos & on the side as well...YouTube/ Don's favorite place lol
    You're an Eagles fan, TK, and a lot of Google's advertising, like Facebook, is directed specifically towards an individual's taste. Given, though, that people have said they've seen ads in subways, etc, it's likely that everyone is seeing ads on You Tube to some extent.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yeah, I guess the doc was lacking in that it didn't reveal why Don decided to perm his hair... Some things I guess they'll take to the grave!

As long as we're on the subject of looks, I must say that seeing video of these guys in the 70's, as opposed to still photos, which I see here all the time, I found myself drawn to Mr. Henley. His looks, his mannerisms, his voice all drew me in. Not so much with 70's Glenn. But I will add that Randy was adorable, and probably a favorite of the girls back then.
    ~ Cathy ~

One thing I meant to mention, when we put part one in the blu ray we turned on our surround sound system, something we always do whenever we put in a movie or concert DVD. We noticed right away though that the sound did not match their lips moving - it was off by a nano second. It drove us both crazy though, and we turned it off and just used the tv speaker. We've never had that happen, and it didn't happen when we watched the concert.
    ~ Cathy ~