Page 107 of 273 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

I think almost all of us saw the doc first, then the concert. So...do you want to be different? Or experience it the same as the rest of us?

There's a lot of clips of the concert in the documentary, it's what really helped make it so great, so...umm...basically I have no answer for you!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Lol! You guys aren't much help!

I thought that maybe BECAUSE you've seen them both, you could suggest which order you would prefer to see them in.

Heck with it, we're putting the concert in first!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Lol! You guys aren't much help!

I thought that maybe BECAUSE you've seen them both, you could suggest which order you would prefer to see them in.

Heck with it, we're putting the concert in first!
    It's perfectly fine to go against the grain.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

Glenn's hair is at it's most glorious during this show! Wow! And the way he looks at the camera now and then.....and in to the crowd....trying to see which ladies had 3E buttons? I wonder!

:
    I agree Glenn's hair was definitely at it's peak in 1977! he looked so damn hot

and haha I was gonna post the same thing...when Glenn was looking into the audience in the front row..smiling..pointing...winking...
    I was like ahh he must be picking out his 3E ladies hehe oh to be in the front row

I also noticed how close the front row was... I bet you can't get that close to a band that big now. (I haven't tried in some time now)
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    Really? I've always sort of admired that all of them look their age, and in fact, naturally look their age and damn good for their age. I knew Glenn had his nose and teeth fixed for various reasons, but never would have guessed any other work. (My mother always makes remarks about his eyes getting smaller and smaller each year, so I won't tell her to avoid any catty comments!)

So jealous of all of you and your DVD sets. Have to wait til payday. So there's no extra interviews or cut footage?
    yeah I read somewhere that Glenn has had a facelift. I don't know if that's true, but you have to admit, his face is pretty smooth for his age. He has always looked fantastic though, so whatever. He certainly had a good doctor, because he doesn't look plastic or botched!

I absolutely LOVED the concert! I also wish it was longer! I wish they had filmed the whole thing, but I am so happy that they released this!
    I will certainly be having repeated viewings in the coming days, weeks, etc!
    there are a bunch of screenshots i want to take!
    Everyone looked delicious!

I took a couple:

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I don't remember the front row being that close at the Capital Centre in the early 80's. I had front row seats for several concerts there and we weren't that close for any of them.

For Eagles concerts now, they have the video cameras and one is on a rolling tripod. So you're at least five-six feet from the stage when standing so there's room for those.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    I also noticed how close the front row was... I bet you can't get that close to a band that big now. (I haven't tried in some time now)
    Fleetwood Mac still lets you that close. Lindsey loves having people screaming at his feet. Our Eagles seem to prefer a more sedate crowd.

My fave look for them is the HFO period, but they've aged quite well and are still very handsome.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Just finished! Loved it!

What a treat to see these guys in their heyday! Back then, bands were known from the radio - not from videos, so when I think of these songs, I always think of hearing them on the radio. I haven't watched too many of the YouTube videos from before the band broke up, so this was a real thrill!

They all seem to sing effortlessly - no struggling to hit the high notes or sticking their finger in their ear to make sure they're in key.

Randy couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

I kept thinking of certain Borderers during certain songs; WF during HC, FP during NKIT, Troub during BOML.

Did anyone else notice how much more uptempo LE was than how they play it now? I liked it! It's such a long song that even though I like the song, I get bored with it by the end. The uptempo version moved things right along!

I liked the way they changed things up a little from the recorded version. Along these lines, I especially liked Don's vocal on BOML.

Speaking of vocals, Glenn's are amazing! Again, I couldn't help notice the absence of wincing and sticking his finger in his ear - something I don't enjoy seeing him do at shows now. TIE was a great, easy, lead vocal.

It was weird hearing Don harmonizing with Joe on RMW.

As far as Joe, let's just say I appreciate the seasoned version of Joe so much more than this one. I'm so thankful that he came out the way he did.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    yeah I read somewhere that Glenn has had a facelift. I don't know if that's true, but you have to admit, his face is pretty smooth for his age. He has always looked fantastic though, so whatever. He certainly had a good doctor, because he doesn't look plastic or botched!
    I cannot agree with this. Look at some of the Sundance London photos. I don't believe he has had any work done on his face at all. He has bags under his eyes & wrinkles. Yes, he is a handsome man, but he looks his age.

Look at any recent photo of Don Felder, on the other hand, and it is quite obvious that he has had work done.

As for Glenn's hair, yes, it was nice when it was long, but I like it now.