Page 106 of 273 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

That's a man for you!
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A strange review of the movie and of the group itself. Naturally, I agree with little of it.

An interesting quote:
    But the Eagles still entertain the hundreds of thousands who turn up to see them play. Audiences are not interested in listening to any new work; they want to hear those canonical works from distant pop history. In this respect, rock music is beginning to resemble classical music, no longer about the here-and-now, according reverence instead to discrete bodies of work from the past that are already winning their initial skirmishes with that forbidding enemy, the test of time.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/2acd8d1e-b...#axzz2SGToch6H
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    MMMMM what a treat to be watching those guys in concert like that. This was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best era for our guys they all look so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't help myself but to drool and take pictures of that concert!!!! It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I'll be watching this more and more!!!!!!! I'm way too happy and so hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Eagles rock my world!!!!! OHHHH I'm on Eagle 9 to the max.
    I may be alone but my favourite era for them is now.

I haven't even ordered it yet & I am ambivalent about whether I even want this concert disc, which I can't get on the UK Blu ray (it only comes with the DVD). I am reluctant to try getting the US Blu ray in case it doesn't play. We have a new player, which supposedly can play all regions, but I am still reluctant.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I may be alone but my favourite era for them is now.
    You're not alone! I always prefer the present over the past. Plus, while the guys have taken some heat about it no longer being four guys on stage, watching the concert on DVD made me glad that Glenn isn't hidden half the time behind a piano or keyboard, and that Don rotates between the drums and percussion, and out front. It's OK on the concert footage because the camera is right there, but you know those in the seats saw cymbals with an afro sticking up above it.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I've just looked at shipping for the deluxe limited edition plus T shirt. In total it would cost me $340.88. This is ridiculous.

Unless someone who has the deluxe edition can tell me that the photos etc are worth the money, I will not be buying this. I can get the 3 Blu Ray set on Amazon at a discount. I guess I don't need the T shirt.

I wonder how much it would cost me to ship it to you?

I ordered from the band's site because it was cheaper (I didn't get a t-shirt), but their shipping was far more expensive than Amazon, so it was probably a wash. I can't remember the details, but let's say the deluxe with a t-shirt is $250 before shipping. The Blu-ray only with a t-shirt is $65.00.

I won't say the pictures and book are worth the uptick of $185, and it's all subjective anyway. However, I'd say it would have been worth a total of $175. If I had to do all over again, I'd still buy it.
    VK

Just got done watching Part 2. I don't even have any words.

Part 1 was awesome, obviously, but Part 2 was what got me. Seeing all the Hell Freezes Over footage was amazing, especially the stuff from the MTV concert. I think I've fallen even more in love with these guys than I ever possibly thought I could.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

My dad just watched the concert with me.. He asked "where's In The City"? (that his fav Eagles song and always has been). I had to explain that it hadn't been born yet.

His fav was TITTL.. I agree, it's pretty special I think.. Of course my fav is HC, but that's always the case. But TITTL also gives me goosebumps.

I haven't seen any of it. Suggestions - should I start with the doc or the concert?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I haven't seen any of it. Suggestions - should I start with the doc or the concert?
    Boy that's a tough question. I started with the doc, but not by choice.

As much as I loved the doc, the concert alone is worth the admission price x100 IMHO...

Start with the concert IMO... It's only 8 songs.