Page 105 of 273 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Out on the Border

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Thanks VA. Good Article.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    An article with some quotes and even a picture that I haven't seen before (others probably have).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    None of that is off the cuff...It is all "thought out" & planned, It may sound emotional to you, but it was all planned & written that way. Felder is also self taught. His style is more fluid & deliberate, but he has written a lot of the "dirty" guitar parts as well...
    I disagree. Felder is a lot more reserved in his playing, Joe is really more of an improv off the cuff guy. When he created his parts, they were mainly off the cuff. LITFL for instance.

And yes, I had said Felder is also selftaught, but they are polar opposites in playing style. It's easy to see. Felder is a technician, Walsh is the improv guy. It was even touched on in the doc. I think Walsh puts more raw emotion into his playing.. He's not a technician like Felder, and Felder doesn't have that raw sloppiness at times that Walsh has.

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm talking about the differences between them as players, not necessarily what goes on the records, although LITFL is a reference I used. They just have two very different approaches to playing guitar that mesh well.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Saw this in the subway again today, and had to take a picture! Not the best picture because of all the glaring lights in the station. But it still brought a smile to my face

I've only seen this in two stations so far, neither of which are in my neighborhood. This one was on the Upper East Side. Guess my neighborhood is too downmarket for them to bother advertising it. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Cool! I've not been on the Metro here in DC lately to know if we're advertising it here or not. I'll have the opportunity to check out airports next week...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    An article with some quotes and even a picture that I haven't seen before (others probably have).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
    This was great ~ thanks!
    ~Sara

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Wow Austin, I teared up a couple of times just reading your post. You are my fellow Central Illinois Border Buddy.

You say Felder and Walsh are polar opposites in playing style. Can you elaborate? I know for me, During the HC solo, I love it when Joe comes in. I always refer to it as dirty playing, but that's just my interpretation, and not a very good one. What I mean is that after Felder's part, Joe's sounds more heavy rock, I guess.

Shout out to Central Illinois Border Buddies. I'm one too. Irving is part of the club as well.

Just got the DVD Blu Ray even though I have seen the film on Shotime. I immediately put the Live show disc in....

anyone else think the the sudden crowd cheer when the Felder Guitar solo and Walsh guitar solo starts in HC seems kinda fake or at least inserted there for effect? Just doesn't sound right...you hear the cheer then it goes quiet. Just feel like there is some sort of fishy editing in there. Or maybe they boosted the crowd noise in certain spots. Not criticizing, just a tid bit i noticied. Great quality video!
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 05-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I missed that, OMNJ. Guess I have to watch it again!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I didn't notice that, but will check it out next time I watch.

Time for some shallow gushing from me, so if you're not in to that, skip my post! I wrote down a few things as I was watching last night.

Glenn and Don H look just as wonderful as I thought-hot damn! Sorry!

Don's fro is really fine. Don't you wonder what or who made him decide to get a perm, because it's not natural. I'd love to know!

Glenn's hair is at it's most glorious during this show! Wow! And the way he looks at the camera now and then.....and in to the crowd....trying to see which ladies had 3E buttons? I wonder!

Randy's TITTL is just gorgeous and those high notes....whew!

Joe is hilarious when he bends down to look at the camera while at the keyboard!

Too funny watching Glenn lead the clapping during RMW! I'm used to seeing Timothy do that!

They all sounded fabulous on all the songs! LOVE. IT. ALL. I'm still happy, happy, happy! And I've only watched it once!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Its funny what I noticed abour Glenns hair in the concert footage is that I was thinking "And 1 year from this concert Glenn will be in the worst Hair phase of his life: 1978, El Bigodon and curly long froish, just before he cut it short".