Page 104 of 273 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Wow Austin, I teared up a couple of times just reading your post. You are my fellow Central Illinois Border Buddy.

You say Felder and Walsh are polar opposites in playing style. Can you elaborate? I know for me, During the HC solo, I love it when Joe comes in. I always refer to it as dirty playing, but that's just my interpretation, and not a very good one. What I mean is that after Felder's part, Joe's sounds more heavy rock, I guess.
    Thanks.

Felder is a bit more reserved and more "thought out" in his guitar parts... He is really good at theory and reads music and is much more of a technical approach. Joe is a lot more into improvisation, bluesy scales, and a lot more "raw" in his sound. Dirty describes it perfectly. Joe is much more selftaught and not so much into theory. Felder taught himself too, but was more interested in the theory and technicality of playing guitar, Joe just plays by emotion and feeling. Felder puts emotion into his playing too, but you can tell it's a lot more "planned" and less spontaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    That was a very sweet post, WalshFan88. I think we can have more than one velvet throat.
    For sure! TBH, I don't remember the Geffen part about the Golden Throat and I don't remember that being used here but I don't remember much. I guess that's a perfect reason to watch the doc again.

They both are velvet throats, but in different ways. They have different voices that compliment each other.

has anyone gotten the deluxe package with the Tshirt?...I just went to order it and the only selection is Medium...maybe other sizes are out of stock?...

Hmmm, the tracking info says it's been in town since 6:46 AM...why didn't they bring it yet?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That happened to me yesterday PrettyMaid. It arrived today.

I have to say I really enjoyed the '77 concert!! I had never seen the Eagles in their hey day and this was a great show!! It seemed a little short though. For anyone who might know did they edit a lot out for the DVD? I thought there would be behind the scenes footage too but there wasn't. Either way it satisfied the "11 year old girls" curiosity!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - the concert footage was definitely not the entire show. But it is really amazing. I love reading about all this excitement. I never got to see the band in the 70's either, so I was in heaven watching it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Had to come by and just say

Wow!

What else can I say but

FABULOUS!

The concert dvd is everything everyone has said and more! The guys sound and look ........sooooooo..........HS & G!

Of course, this is my favorite era for them too! I'm happy, happy, happy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

MMMMM what a treat to be watching those guys in concert like that. This was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best era for our guys they all look so hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't help myself but to drool and take pictures of that concert!!!! It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen and I'll be watching this more and more!!!!!!! I'm way too happy and so hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Eagles rock my world!!!!! OHHHH I'm on Eagle 9 to the max.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Thanks.

Felder is a bit more reserved and more "thought out" in his guitar parts... He is really good at theory and reads music and is much more of a technical approach. Joe is a lot more into improvisation, bluesy scales, and a lot more "raw" in his sound. Dirty describes it perfectly. Joe is much more selftaught and not so much into theory. Felder taught himself too, but was more interested in the theory and technicality of playing guitar, Joe just plays by emotion and feeling. Felder puts emotion into his playing too, but you can tell it's a lot more "planned" and less spontaneous.
    None of that is off the cuff...It is all "thought out" & planned, It may sound emotional to you, but it was all planned & written that way. Felder is also self taught. His style is more fluid & deliberate, but he has written a lot of the "dirty" guitar parts as well...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

An article with some quotes and even a picture that I haven't seen before (others probably have).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.