Page 103 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Sl07, that's sweet about your Grandma! <sniff>
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Oh...My...God.

I am in total awe. By far the best thing I've ever seen featuring this band. Best thing I've ever seen of ANY band.

I'm not even going to try to hide it - I started getting emotionally worked up during Hotel California. When I saw the lighted background I choked up and in the solo I was shedding tears. This song means SO much to me and sent me back in my mind to that day where it saved me from suicide. It was surreal.

The quality - the quality was like I was in the arena. Holy cats! It was so clear and so damn good. I literally am still picking myself up off the floor.

A few notes I made in my head were that Joe is so cool with his ILLINOIS shirt on!!!! (Being from Central Illinois I find that cool as all get out). Also, Don should be known as velvet throat from now on. Holy crap that man can SING. Seeing Joe on keys for NKIT was cool, even though of course he's always a guitar player, not a keyboardist! Glenn has a very country accent to his singing that sounds so good on NKIT and LE. It's almost a Southern accent, in some way. They really sound great on their respective songs. Joe played SO good and though you can tell he is high, he's still as great as ever, and oh so funny. Randy is my favorite bassist in this band but I love Tim too. But Randy has a great smile and looks like he's very laid-back… I miss Don with his afro!!! So cool! Felder… Wow. The man is SKILLED. He contributed SO very much to this band it's just mind-blowing. Anyone who downplays his contributions just needs to watch this concert. He is missed - 'nuff said. He's the perfect guy to go against Joe, they are polar opposites of playing style. The harmonies on NKIT gave me chills… So perfect. TITTL was so good. What a great underrated voice. TITTL had me worked up too at the end with those high notes. I started thinking about Randy today and worrying about him and his health. RMW was cool - unique version as VA had talked about before. It's actually probably my favorite version. Loved seeing Glenn up there when Joe was switching guitars getting into it and having fun. OOTN was very smooth and that's where the "velvet voice" reference I made comes from as well as TBOML. I still like the HC solo best of Felder's, but I agree with VA that the horn-like solo of OOTN is so smooth and perfect. I will say I have a new appreciation for this song now - but I loved it anyway. TIE was amazing. Love the electric version. Joe's solo had me jumping up and down in my seat. TBOML was so sweet and soft sounding. Great to see Don on acoustic guitar. I like it without the drums. It's more smooth that way. The pedal steel sounded good without sounding too country.

This was a religious experience for me. Another life changer. The closest I'll ever get to seeing my favorite band in my favorite era perform my favorite songs. I'm almost afraid to watch it again because I don't want this feeling to be lessened or go away. I'm in a daze right now… Maybe I'll post more once I come out of this euphoric out-of-this-world state…. I feel like I'm high in the clouds.

Wow…. what a day.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 05-02-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, so.....you liked it?

Now see, you've watched it before me and I got it before you! Glad it's good and I can't wait now for sure! But I'm at work!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, so.....you liked it?

Now see, you've watched it before me and I got it before you! Glad it's good and I can't wait now for sure! But I'm at work!
    It was well, well worth the wait. I'm just an impatient person.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Now I can't wait 'til I can see it!!!! I just got mine today, and the pictures and the photographs are too amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love everything about that package!!!!!!! My dad and I are going to watch the concert tonight and to be honest, I'm going to be in Heaven watching them!!!!!!!! I already have a new appreciation for them!!!! I FREAKING LOVE THE EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This package was worth every penny!!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Wow Austin, I teared up a couple of times just reading your post. You are my fellow Central Illinois Border Buddy.

You say Felder and Walsh are polar opposites in playing style. Can you elaborate? I know for me, During the HC solo, I love it when Joe comes in. I always refer to it as dirty playing, but that's just my interpretation, and not a very good one. What I mean is that after Felder's part, Joe's sounds more heavy rock, I guess.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh...My...God.

I am in total awe. By far the best thing I've ever seen featuring this band. Best thing I've ever seen of ANY band.

I'm not even going to try to hide it - I started getting emotionally worked up during Hotel California. When I saw the lighted background I choked up and in the solo I was shedding tears. This song means SO much to me and sent me back in my mind to that day where it saved me from suicide. It was surreal.

The quality - the quality was like I was in the arena. Holy cats! It was so clear and so damn good. I literally am still picking myself up off the floor.

A few notes I made in my head were that Joe is so cool with his ILLINOIS shirt on!!!! (Being from Central Illinois I find that cool as all get out). Also, Don should be known as velvet throat from now on. Holy crap that man can SING. Seeing Joe on keys for NKIT was cool, even though of course he's always a guitar player, not a keyboardist! Glenn has a very country accent to his singing that sounds so good on NKIT and LE. It's almost a Southern accent, in some way. They really sound great on their respective songs. Joe played SO good and though you can tell he is high, he's still as great as ever, and oh so funny. Randy is my favorite bassist in this band but I love Tim too. But Randy has a great smile and looks like he's very laid-back… I miss Don with his afro!!! So cool! Felder… Wow. The man is SKILLED. He contributed SO very much to this band it's just mind-blowing. Anyone who downplays his contributions just needs to watch this concert. He is missed - 'nuff said. He's the perfect guy to go against Joe, they are polar opposites of playing style. The harmonies on NKIT gave me chills… So perfect. TITTL was so good. What a great underrated voice. TITTL had me worked up too at the end with those high notes. I started thinking about Randy today and worrying about him and his health. RMW was cool - unique version as VA had talked about before. It's actually probably my favorite version. Loved seeing Glenn up there when Joe was switching guitars getting into it and having fun. OOTN was very smooth and that's where the "velvet voice" reference I made comes from as well as TBOML. I still like the HC solo best of Felder's, but I agree with VA that the horn-like solo of OOTN is so smooth and perfect. I will say I have a new appreciation for this song now - but I loved it anyway. TIE was amazing. Love the electric version. Joe's solo had me jumping up and down in my seat. TBOML was so sweet and soft sounding. Great to see Don on acoustic guitar. I like it without the drums. It's more smooth that way. The pedal steel sounded good without sounding too country.

This was a religious experience for me. Another life changer. The closest I'll ever get to seeing my favorite band in my favorite era perform my favorite songs. I'm almost afraid to watch it again because I don't want this feeling to be lessened or go away. I'm in a daze right now… Maybe I'll post more once I come out of this euphoric out-of-this-world state…. I feel like I'm high in the clouds.

Wow…. what a day.
    I suppose you won't like me saying this, but Glenn called Don 'Golden Throat' & I coined the name 'Velvet Throat' for Glenn.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In the movie, Geffen said it was his name for Don (Golden Throat). He didn't say he came up with it.

I have to say, Velvet describes the sound. I guess Golden describes the results.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I suppose you won't like me saying this, but Glenn called Don 'Golden Throat' & I coined the name 'Velvet Throat' for Glenn.
    I know - I didn't claim to be the original - I was just describing what I was hearing.

That was a very sweet post, WalshFan88. I think we can have more than one velvet throat.
    ~Sara