Page 101 of 273 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

MK, I loved reading your comments! I watched it for the first time a month and a half ago and it's easy to forget how I felt right after watching it, you brought it all back to me.

A friend who watched it with me said several times that she'd had no idea Joe was such a good looking man back in the day, so I'm not surprised you were mesmerized through-out.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - Love reading everyone's thoughts here. I didn't preorder - I went out yesterday and found the DVD at Walmart. I was pretty sure either Walmart or Best Buy would have it. Best Buy is particularly good about having new releases around my parts. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to watch the documentary again, but I've already seen it several times. However, Soda and I watched the concert late last night while we were talking on the phone. And I only have three words to describe it - OMG!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Kids...it's gonna take me a few viewings to collect my thoughts
    Didn't think I would gravitate at all to Disc 2, but it was just as riveting!
    Wish the concert disc was a little longer as well!!

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

As for Jackson Browne, yes, he hasn't aged much. JD has, but in an incrediblely nice way. He's so freakin' adorable in the movie and I really like when he talks about the Desperado shoot and how people always like to look at the corpse of a bad-boy.
    hehe I've posted about this...I took an adorable screenshot of JD after he said that
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post

"people never tire of looking at the corpse of a bad boy" - JD Souther on the Eagles' Desperado album dead cowboy photograph (History of the Eagles doc)

and this is the little smirk JD gave after he said that hehe
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Love it, T&H!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post

I've come to the conclusion that Jackson Browne ages slower than regular human beings.

Jackson definitely looks fantastic! However, he has also had some work done. This is what he looked like before clearing away his wrinkles...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    Jackson definitely looks fantastic! However, he has also had some work done. This is what he looked like before clearing away his wrinkles...

Holy S%@#

He looked better with the beard.

I got mine today and watched Part 1 tonight. I won't do a huge review because others have covered the details, but in a single word?

Wow!

They had me at the first scene when Glenn and Don are talking about fans being surprised that they're "regular people." They sounded really down to earth in that clip. It made me smile.

The controversial stuff didn't bother me. I never had any illusions that they were angels. They're a group of talented and ambitious guys who did the best they could to build an amazing band. I didn't live in that pressure cooker of success, money, and drugs. They did. Who am I to judge? I'd rather sit back, marvel at the creative process and be amazed at the quality of the work that came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I got mine today and watched Part 1 tonight. I won't do a huge review because others have covered the details, but in a single word?

Wow!

They had me at the first scene when Glenn and Don are talking about fans being surprised that they're "regular people." They sounded really down to earth in that clip. It made me smile.

The controversial stuff didn't bother me. I never had any illusions that they were angels. They're a group of talented and ambitious guys who did the best they could to build an amazing band. I didn't live in that pressure cooker of success, money, and drugs. They did. Who am I to judge? I'd rather sit back, marvel at the creative process and be amazed at the quality of the work that came out of it.
    aw hehe yeah...that's what got me too..those very early on interview clips where they do seem just like "normal people" (in Glenn's squeaky voice) [SPOILERS/]...that is until Joe dresses up as a tin foil alien [/SPOILERS] hahaha

and yeah none of that controversial stuff bothered me too much.."I was like did Glenn really just say that? haha oh well..whatever, I'm in it for the music"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Holy S%@#

He looked better with the beard.
    haha

well I have to say I was happy to come across this photo...makes me feel better to know that he does age like everyone else!

Even Glenn has had some work done. Or so I've read.