Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Eagles 40th Anniversary

Default Re: Eagles 40th Anniversary

very cool jahh...they are beautiful...and that pearl finish one is my favorite one of Joe's...I never knew the make of it...

Default Re: Eagles 40th Anniversary

Duesy's are nice. I will own one - someday. Great guitars. Joe showed them to Glenn and that's how Glenn got started playing them and then they got the signature model. Joe discovered them through Mike Campbell, who showed them to Ron Wood, Bob Dylan, and Joe Walsh. Mike has a signature model too, with racing stripes. I found out about those guitars when Tom Petty played the Super Bowl a few years back and Mike played his signature model on there.

To my ears, they are a better Gretsch. To my eyes, the same. I've never liked Gretsch guitars at ALL, aesthetically - but these look cool. I love the Fullerton (Eagles sig), Starplayer TV, and the Double Cat.

Peter Stroud has a cool signature Duesenberg called a Dragster. It has a Bigsby Palm Pedal type device on there that gives you a B bender type sound but with the palm of your hand instead. He uses it for slide with Sheryl Crow now.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."