Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cape Town, South Africa April 4, 2012

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Cape Town, South Africa April 4, 2012

A teeny-tiny review that includes a YouTube link to Hotel California performed Wednesday evening.

http://cityofsunshineandstorms.blogs...ve-landed.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Cape Town, South Africa, April 4

Some random review comments on a guitar forum:

1. hey guys. was at the eagles last night and it was awesome. joe walsh is one heckuva player man, friggin 'ell, lol!

2. Yep, Joe Walsh was in top form. All of them were. A great concert, good sound for an open air venue. Their voices are as good as they always were.

I liked it when Joe was introduced as "known to hotel staff and law enforcement agencies right across the world"... One of the best bands ever! Don Henley was great as always. I'm always amazed with drummer vocalists - don't know how they manage to drum and sing! And he's a particularly good vocalist even when drumming.

All, except Joe Walsh who appears to be getting younger, looks slightly more grey than on the Hell Freezes over DVD, but they sound the same - simply great!

3. Yep, Joe Walsh was in top form. All of them were. A great concert, good sound for an open air venue. Their voices are as good as they always were.

I liked it when Joe was introduced as "known to hotel staff and law enforcement agencies right across the world"... One of the best bands ever! Don Henley was great as always. I'm always amazed with drummer vocalists - don't know how they manage to drum and sing! And he's a particularly good vocalist even when drumming.

All, except Joe Walsh who appears to be getting younger, looks slightly more grey than on the Hell Freezes over DVD, but they sound the same - simply great!
    VK

'Granny' give the Eagles a somewhat good review, but the stadium does not. Includes another picture of Glenn in a shirt that may be pink, or purple, or even white with a pink or purple spotlight on him. Hard to say.

http://granny1947.wordpress.com/2012...nd-the-eagles/
    VK

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Thanks, VA. As usual you're on the ball. I'm still searching for a set list.

Thanks VA...despite my obsessive searching I've still been unable to find anything in the newspapers or on social media. Too bad Granny seems to have had a less-than-positive-memorable time. Heck, I would have been happy to be OUTSIDE the stadium while they played just to be in close proximity!

My search continues....
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

VOL, I know what you mean! Most of the newspapers don't even seem to have a section that would have concert reviews. I found one that had quite a few, though, but none were of the Eagles concerts. Maybe they wait and do it for the weekend...
    VK

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

Really? You think so? Of course---that was over a decade and a half ago. I'm a bit greyer (well, I imagine I am under the highlights) than I was in the mid 90's also.

I haven't been on for a couple days and was hoping to get some info on the concert but I see not much out there. It's funny that the link to HC that that article linked to is one that the high powers have gotten to with no audio.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Let's hope that Sun City, Johannesburg and Dubai result in some quick reviews and posts. I'm still puzzled that there is nothing showing up on YouTube -- however, 'Granny' gave the impression in her blog that fans were checked over very carefully so I wonder if they were policed during the show as well? I volunteer to tag along with the band as their official reporter/photographer so these oversights don't continue to happen.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    'Granny' give the Eagles a somewhat good review, but the stadium does not. Includes another picture of Glenn in a shirt that may be pink, or purple, or even white with a pink or purple spotlight on him. Hard to say.

http://granny1947.wordpress.com/2012...nd-the-eagles/
    I think the shirt was the pale purple one.

I fail to see the point of a 'review' which only talks about the writer's disappointment with the venue. Really.

Hotel California with sound(at the moment) and good quality picture

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZY5brrHAKw[/ame]