Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aging rock stars

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Aging rock stars

Of course they didn't bother with Mark Knopfler but he looks much better now that he doesn't pretend to have hair.

That was a dreadful photo of Neil Young. Paul & Ringo still look good though.

Well Brett just turned 49, & Joan Jett is 53, while on the other hand Ringo is 72. That's a huge age difference. Let's see how good they look at 72! I don't think they will be looking as good as Ringo!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well Brett just turned 49, & Joan Jett is 53, while on the other hand Ringo is 72. That's a huge age difference. Let's see how good they look at 72! I don't think they will be looking as good as Ringo!

I would disagree.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

The Motley Crue gang are still looking pretty good IMO. Vince and Tommy are shown, but Nikki Sixx isn't. I've seen him on TV recently and he looks really good. Richie Sambora also is looking fine and I agree that they should have pictured Jon Bon Jovi.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Some of them do look better than when they were younger, but a few now look almost scary.
    I also think Meatloaf looks better, but Robert Plant & Mick Jagger look terrible.
    Of course we don't know who may have had cosmetic surgery and managed to keep it quiet.

Wow.....some of them look a little scary! lol Based on the pictures chosen, there are definitely a few that I think look just as good or even better now than when they were younger! Such as Bret Michaels, Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, Bruce Springsteen, Tommy Lee, Richie Sambora (there are a lot better recent pics of him I think though!), Pat Benatar.....there's a few more but I can hardly keep my eyes open now to keep typing. lol

Well, Ringo and especially Paul were very baby-faced in their 20s, so it's not so surprising that they still look good now.

And Mick Jagger was never exactly a pretty boy IMHO, but now - oh my, that's a bit scary!

Some have aged well, some have aged gracefully and although they look their age they still look good. e.g. Annie Lennox.

It's not a great photo of David Crosby - he looked much better than that when I saw him 4 hours ago... Admittedly I was quite some way back.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I see my girl Stevie is on the list! She has aged magnificently well.

As for Keith Richards, what can you say? Yikes.
    I agree on the first one!

LMAO at the 2nd one! The only things left at the end of the world will be rats, cockroaches, and Keith Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    The Motley Crue gang are still looking pretty good IMO. Vince and Tommy are shown, but Nikki Sixx isn't. I've seen him on TV recently and he looks really good. Richie Sambora also is looking fine and I agree that they should have pictured Jon Bon Jovi.
    Vince had a face lift. It was shown on TV! OMG it looks like a horrible operation, I had to turn away when they were showing the actual surgery. I don't think I will ever have a facelift, even if I get as old & wrinkled as Keith & Mick! LOL