Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Ah yes. The New South Wales course, in my spiritual heartland, the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney (I would still be living there if I had my way & that is where my Sydney Roosters Rugby League team are based).

http://www.nswgolfclub.com.au/welcome/index.mhtml

(Supporters of South Sydney may claim La Perouse is part of their territory. HA!)

It was mainly about golf. He said that of the pro golfers he knew Peter Jacobsen & the late Payne Stewart were decent musicians. He talked about the connection between Pebble Beach & After Hours. He also said that he was very excited to be playing with all the symphony orchestras here & in NZ (NZ dates still haven't been announced).

Bear with me & I will do some screen shots.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Bear with me & I will do some screen shots.
    I was so hoping you'd say that! I tweeted the guy who told me to look for a Fox Sports Golf interview 'in a few weeks' and asked why it wasn't viewable in the US. He said it wasn't his, his will be aired in a week or two. His name is Brenton Speed. So I guess we'll get to see more.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

A little additional info...

"He sent a copy of After Hours to Ronstadt, who replied with a note telling Frey she loved the record, in particular the cover of Newman's Same Girl."

"Frey and his songwriting buddy Don Henley are working with producer Rita Wilson on a Broadway musical incorporating their music, called Hotel California. They have enlisted director Michael Mayer, famed for the rock musicals Spring Awakening and Green Day's American Idiot, and the script is currently being polished. The only sure thing is that the musical will feature wall-to-wall Eagles hits. 'That's the point and it's not just the songs from Hotel California,' Frey says. 'One of those Nights, Desperado, Lyin' Eyes, The King of Hollywood, Witchy Woman - there's so many other songs that fit into what happens at the hotel . . . hopefully we'll have something together for 2014.'"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/ent...of-favourites/
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Interesting!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

You know, if they have a good enough story, I could see this being enjoyable. Glenn sure seems jazzed about it, which is encouraging.

Cool he still keeps in touch with Linda!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, his comments at least have peeked my interest! I was very skeptical before now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    A little additional info...

"He sent a copy of After Hours to Ronstadt, who replied with a note telling Frey she loved the record, in particular the cover of Newman's Same Girl."

"Frey and his songwriting buddy Don Henley are working with producer Rita Wilson on a Broadway musical incorporating their music, called Hotel California. They have enlisted director Michael Mayer, famed for the rock musicals Spring Awakening and Green Day's American Idiot, and the script is currently being polished. The only sure thing is that the musical will feature wall-to-wall Eagles hits. 'That's the point and it's not just the songs from Hotel California,' Frey says. 'One of those Nights, Desperado, Lyin' Eyes, The King of Hollywood, Witchy Woman - there's so many other songs that fit into what happens at the hotel . . . hopefully we'll have something together for 2014.'"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/ent...of-favourites/
    Thank you, Ms Ronstadt! I am 'not alone'.

I can see those songs fitting into a musical now that he's talked about it in that way.

When it comes to Same Girl, I find the fact that it's about a junkie and her pimp to be somewhat amusing. While it fits the lyrics, it's the actual music that I have a hard time dealing with. I don't analyze songs in terms of complicated chord progressions (I'm not totally certain I even know what that is). I just know what I like to listen to, and this sounds like a dirge to me. It's right out of Germanic songs written in the late 1400's to the mid 1500's (think of it being played on a pipe organ). I visualize a slow funeral procession when I listen to it. Of course, to me, the true irony of the song is that they are both slowly marching to their own funeral, living the lives they are living.
    VK

Good news on the show in Tamworth, it's selling well...

http://www.northerndailyleader.com.a...worth-concert/
    VK

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    When it comes to Same Girl, I find the fact that it's about a junkie and her pimp to be somewhat amusing. While it fits the lyrics, it's the actual music that I have a hard time dealing with. I don't analyze songs in terms of complicated chord progressions (I'm not totally certain I even know what that is). I just know what I like to listen to, and this sounds like a dirge to me. It's right out of Germanic songs written in the late 1400's to the mid 1500's (think of it being played on a pipe organ). I visualize a slow funeral procession when I listen to it. Of course, to me, the true irony of the song is that they are both slowly marching to their own funeral, living the lives they are living.
    Well, if you like. For me, as a Newman aficionado, the melody is exquisite. I have never thought of it as being like a funeral march.