Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: New album "After Hours" press and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I want that DVD bad - I've been hungering for the promised video clips! I want IT to be on that hot plate!

I'm intrigued by the musical - no details about whether it will be Jersey Boys biographical thing or more of a Mamma Mia thematic-around-the-songs thing?
    Rita Wilson, who produced Mamma Mia, is working on it, so maybe more along the lines of that musical?

I think that's a safe bet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for all of this. How embarrassing. It should be me who is posting it all.

The first interview with Angela Bishop, who is the daughter of a conservative politician, I saw last night on Channel 10 News. Two minutes & a completely wasted opportunity. I have no interest in the Seinfeld thing. I wanted to hear Glenn's thoughts on his tour (he trotted out that line about he & Henley writing TS & Desperado on the same day, yet again). Did you see her touch his arm?! (She always dresses like that, by the way).

The photo with Richard Wilkins, who is another showbiz hack, is nice, but it sounds like I didn't miss much from a solo viewpoint, which to be honest is my main concern at the moment. I suppose I am disappointed that he didn't mention the DVD. I really have no interest in the HC musical. Did he say anything else about his tour?

I think I was able to work out which hotel he is in. I hope he has a good time & does a more substantial interview about the album & tour (I would like to know, for instance, why he is doing it).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I should mention, it wasn't a live interview. It was done the night before. At the end of the segment, Richard Wilkins (who did the interview) said that Glenn's 'a really great guy'.

The MMM Hot Breakfast people did refer to him as 'Rock N Roll Royalty' in their tweet.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

FP, he didn't mention his solo tour at all. Since the segment wasn't live, it was able to be edited and you could tell that it was. Almost all of it was bits and pieces of songs from the HFO DVD. They did show quite a few clips from the AH trailer and he talked about why he did the album (his parents). The segment was over and the guy was segueing away from it when he mentioned, not as part of the interview but live, about the tour and to check their homepage for cities and dates.
    VK

I was disappointed that he didn't mention anything about the tour. I agree that it was probably edited out, as VA said. It was very chopped up, skipping from interview to HFO & back again. Wonder why they didn't show parts of F1 as it was filmed in Melbourne?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well all I can say about everything I've read and seen in the last few minutes is

I think its wonderful that he is doing a big full on tour in Australia and new Zealand in the New Year and its a brilliant chance for FP and our other Australian and New Zealand fans - you have all been waiting so song for this - Go and enjoy.

I'm not as mad about the HC musical as I would have been about the DVD - I'd have preferred that to come out first and had only been wondering with Laura at the weekend if it would have been released by Christmas - I guess I have my answer now. Still we know our guys don't tend to release material as early as they initially say they will so I'm not exactly surprised.

As for 2014? If they only start touring then I guess it could be 2015 before they hit Europe, but you never know! I still hope that Glenn will indeed tour Europe with his solo show before then!

And to finish - let me just say that Glenn looks as HS&G as ever - he looks calm and relaxed and energetic and ready to take on the world! I love his shirt but would have loved it even more if he'd opened a few more buttons!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Australian TV is amateur hour.

Before the Bishop interview it was all the female newsreader could do to stop herself saying 'Fray' and say 'Frey' instead.

I understood 2014 to mean an Australian tour; they were talking to a local audience.

That makes sense.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    And to finish - let me just say that Glenn looks as HS&G as ever - he looks calm and relaxed and energetic and ready to take on the world! I love his shirt but would have loved it even more if he'd opened a few more buttons!
    You naughty, naughty girl! We were obviously separated at birth as I was thinking the same.
    VK