Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

This is pure speculation on my part, but the impression I get from hearing Glenn talk about this album is that it is important to him personally and that he recorded it for himself and for his parents. I don't get the feeling that he considers it to be of great importance or magnitude in his professional career and doesn't expect it to be a huge commercial success. That's not to say that he doesn't care about it or isn't proud of it, but I think he views this more of a personal achievement than a professional one. Having said that, I'm sure he will be pleased if it sells well, but I don't believe that was his motivation for recording the album.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

I agree with that, but why make such a big splash over it & then ... it's now like nothing ever happened. Perhaps when it's released we will hear more.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Honestly, I'm not sure what else you want or expect from him. At the present time, he is wrapping up an overseas tour with the mothership and then, will be doing a few more shows with them here in the states. If you want him to do a huge promotional blitz for the album, I, personally, think you'll continue to be disappointed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I was really hoping for more tour dates given the amount that Joe & Tim are doing, rather than promotion, but let's wait & see, I guess. To me personally it doesn't seem real even though my credit card has now been charged for the ticket.

Maybe he'll be spending the summer while the other guys are away executive-producing that 40th anniversary DVD set so it's ready in time for a Christmas release.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Maybe he'll be spending the summer while the other guys are away executive-producing that 40th anniversary DVD set so it's ready in time for a Christmas release.
    Not really what I want to hear WE. Oh yeah, I'll look forward to the DVD like everyone else but I who'd appreciate a few more dates in summer as well. It's only work that's keeping me away from the May dates and I'll be free from June 1st. I'm really hoping for somewhere like Chicago but to be honest I'll travel anywhere.

Believe it FP. You are going! I guess there's always a bit of inertia after the initial release of tickets etc.

I'm sure Glenn will put out an excellent show with a mix of old and new. Look how he filled 2 nights in just one venue last year. And the reception he got. He'll know how to do a set list that appeals to all.

Let's just keep fingers and toes crossed .........
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Today I got the 'sponsored advertising' ad from Amazon for Glenn's new CD on Facebook. I imagine they look at people's 'likes' and it shows up on their NewsFeed. I'm glad that Amazon (or whomever) is promoting the CD with targeted advertising. I'm just still amazed that Jack Tempchin has double the 'likes' than Glenn has... Of course, he's a very active poster on Facebook and people like that.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hey, all, I'm running out the door and don't have time to figure out where the interview is. I just got a reply to my email about Glenn's interview on the Paul Shaffer Rock Hall Spectacular... Here's the email, enjoy...

Verna,

Laura passed your request on to me.

We just put up a stream of the whole special. Glenn’s interview is in the first hour.

Enjoy!

http://envisionradio.com/streams/pss12/pss12.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Found it!! It's in Segment 3!

Stuck on the Border

'Is it like After Dark? Will people want to get naked to it - I've got naked talking to you' says Paul!!!

'Appreciation of great songwriting', 'able to sing the songs I love' 'living with greatness', 'a joy to make' '8 or 9 songs from my chequered past' (referring to the upcoming shows); usual stuff but he sounded enthusiastic.

Some of us, of course, remember Glenn doing Before The Ship Goes Down on Letterman where he sang 'come on Paul, fill my loving cup'.

Thanks for finding that TF.