I have a friend who is a huge Kenny Chesney fan, and she told me at work today that she had heard that Joe Walsh was going on tour with Kenny this summer. When I got home, I got online and here's what I found:

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 – The Eagles guitar ace Joe Walsh will join Kenny Chesney's Flip Flop summer tour playing in Chesney's band. Walsh will be at the Omaha, Neb. show April 12, but not join the tour for good until it hits Las Vegas May 3.

"I don't think there's anybody in the world who doesn't know 'Life's Been Good To Me' or 'Rocky Mountain Way' if they've listened to any rock radio at all," said Chesney. "Those are songs you know even if you don't know that much about music... and then there's the way he tears through 'Life In the Fast Lane' and 'All Night Long.' We're talking some very serious stuff! (Lead guitarist) Clayton (Mitchell) couldn't be happier - because he's gonna get to go out there and trade some hardcore playing with not just a hero, but a guy who really turned electric guitar into something scary on pop radio." Walsh was previously with the James Gang before launching a solo career and later joining The Eagles.

"Like I said," Chesney says about the guy adding the firepower with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame credentials. "If you've ever listened to rock radio, you know Joe Walsh. Getting him to come out here with us is gonna be a total blast...cause nobody's lived the life quite like him and absolutely nobody plays guitar like he does, either. I think it's gonna take it up a bunch getting him out here with us."

Although it's a last minute deal, Walsh will be in Omaha for the tour's kick-off Thursday, April 12, but he will not begin touring regularly with the Flip Flop Summer Tour until the tour stops in Las Vegas. Walsh will miss five shows. "We've got a pretty hot line-up," said Chesney. "Figure we've got Pat Green, who knows how to throw a party out front, and Sugarland, who've been tearing it up, right behind him. We're ready to rock... and we're coming fully loaded. All the fans gotta do is show up and be ready to party."
-------------------------------------------

I checked and the tour is actually coming to Birmingham for once, in September, so I can plan on being there!

I guess this means the Eagles aren't even thinking about touring until late fall, however.